Villains Are Destined to Die - Vol. 1 Ch. 42

Fed-Kun's army
She didn't come because she of her father's action but because the original Penelope deserves to be there.

I’m gonna cry angery tears soon, omg... Like...
ALL SHE WANTED WAS JUST FIVE MINUTES WITHOUT DEALING WITH THE DUCHY’S SH*T! IS THAT TOO MUCH TO F*CKING ASK?!
When Penelope said ‘It came too late’, I respected her even more. The duchy, no matter how many times they apologize, you can’t just wave away, what? Seventeen? Years of abuse with just a simple half-assed “I’m sorry.” That’s not how it works and that’s not how it should work.
That pink-haired lil’ b*stard better not be saying bullsh*t about other people when he’s no better himself. 😑🙄

I wish she were nicer to her family. I mean they're trying and she acknowledges that, but she holds too much spite and contempt in her heart to ever forgive them. It's kinda sad. It's like she'll never allow herself to relax and be happy - unless she thinks it's just a game and these people don't actually exist. If it were me though, if it were a game, I wouldn't be so hateful towards fictional characters. I just want forgiveness. Is that too much? He eventually loving and trusting her family is all the character development this manhwa deserves.

I don‘t like this sudden redemption arc at all, it’s just forced and belated. Honestly, they’re all still fucking bad humans beings, including old Penelope. I would be way too petty, righteous and self-centered for all this bs. Just flick em all off, curse them out, and go with a bang, live somewhere quiet and never see any of these bitches again. Like wtf, omg, do they wanna hear a “Thanks for for giving me food lol” or “Man, I know you just decided to make a toddler’s life so much harder and all, while ignoring my mistreatment or actively partaking in it, but whatevs bro. You apologized after realizing that you’re shitty, and no one has ever shown me sincerity, so I’ll accept it haha” I don‘t know if I’m the only one here, but I‘d rather die than live with them and not being able to speak my mind. And she only does it in the most inferiority complex way possible that it doesn’t give any satisfaction at all.

Dex-chan lover
Ew, they're doing this to feel better about themselves. They can go to hell.

Dex-chan lover
This fucker. He's the only one who's literally not done anything horrible to her ever, even if his intentions are questionable.

Yeah no, as she stated, too late and-I would argue-too little. They didn't want her, and didn't accept her. No matter how much power and authority they have over her, they can't take that burned bridge back.

Lol I love how Penelope just call all of them bullshit lol. Like one nice action should make her feel very grateful huh?? Fucc off🔪🔪 even if y'all on ur knees, licking her feet for forgiveness, I absolutely will not give it lol. There's no redemption arcs for these bastards. Ma girl just want a simple life with warm food, a shelter, and maybe a loving family but noooo you HAVE to make her to be a childish and absolutely traumatized villainess huh?

Dex-chan lover
Fuck this family just makes me hate them more and more with each passing chapter. I'm glad to see that she's not going to let them off with a simple insincere apology.

Her bias is really strong for a character that she didn't even lived for 1 year in it. I guess that makes the males like her.

@CreateJunkMail
❓❓❓❓❓❓❓ I can't tell if you're trolling or not but....???
What do you mean?? Rather than her being petty, she's holding them accountable for the way they neglected the original Penelope (and I guess you can add in the times they didn't treat her with common human decency since she's arrived in that world).
Let's say Person A is continuously hurt over a period time by Person B, but since Perosn B does one act of sincerity Person A should just forgive everything? When Person B didn't even so much as admit to their faults, and actually reflect on their actions? Then what if Person B hurts Person A again, but since Person B once again does one act of sincerity Person A should just let it go?? Like what??
That's the beginning of an unhealthy relationship, and miserable life.

Dex-chan lover
It would've make more sense that she wouldn't forgive them if she actually felt the harassment for her whole life by the family, but she haven't even felt it for even a year

I suddenly want to cry for Penelope, the original one. She suffered all those years when all she wanted and needed was love and care. Imagine being brought to a new and disorienting place and then getting bullied just because she's not the real daughter. Then enduring all that in front of her "family" who also hates her. No wonder she would be bitter and jealous of anyone who is happy, especially Yvonne, the person who can take away all she ever has. And it's sad to think that the way to stop her from being a villain is so simple. She just needs love and care no matter how late. That's all she ever needed.

So, the new Penelope isn't petty. She sees herself in the original one's shoes and can't help feeling sorry for both of them. And in her case, she finally escaped her family back then. She didn't depend on their love, she got her freedom in her own power. That's where the original and the new Penelope differ. The new one doesn't feel the need for her "family's" love. She just needs a way to get out of that place and be free.

(p.s., I wanna punch Reynold in the face. LET PENELOPE HAVE HER PERSONAL TIME)

Users who are viewing this thread