Villains Are Destined to Die - Vol. 1 Ch. 43

This has quickly become one of my favorites! Thank you so much to those translating it! ❤❤❤❤❤❤

HOLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY FUCKKKKKKK WHY DID IT HAVE TO END ON A CLIFF HANGER SHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

thank you guys so much for translating this WHAT IS HAPPENING

This chapter be kicking me in the gut and punching me in the face, loving the tension 😌😌😌

fightfightfightfight-

It's important to note that the female lead has her own biases, which is what makes her compelling because she's not a perfect rational being master at manipulation.

She doesn't understand why the favourability goes up in many occasions, and she is severely distrustful due to her trauma, even when characters really had a change of heart and try to make amends (Emily, Head Butler), meet her halfway (Duke, Derrick), or were straight up decent (Vinter).

In this situation, because she sympathizes and relates to Penelope so much, she theorizes (I can't stress enough that this is just her own personal interpretation) that Penelope must have made this clumsy prayer as an immature kid because she didn't want to lose this new life. But she doesn't acknowledge that Reynold was also a kid, and hearing this stranger pray "good riddance" of your disappeared sister is just the worst first impression.

Does it justify his years of bullying? No. But you can understand how he became the way he is, which in turn led to pre-isekai Penelope being as she was, because both never resolved a misunderstanding they had as kids.

Female Lead not defusing the situation also makes sense since she's reminded of how she never stood up to her bullying brothers in Korea and this situation where Reynold deliberately pesters her painfully reminds her of that.

Hooooooo boy she's just about to snap. The next chapter was probably in the top two of the light novel, I'm really looking forward to seeing it in manga form.

@Memnon Well said. I find her compelling because she's not a self-insert character who exists to vicariously provide wish fulfilment for readers, and do the things the readers would do. Her own trauma shapes her decisions.

Having read the novel, I'm excited for the upcoming chapters 😍
The men really are so self-centered. The duke is one thing (from my understanding, he wants her affection and for her to be comfortable, but bc we can't see his favorability it's made really unclear about how for that goes) but the brothers are so...confusing. Even at the beginning they acted all shocked when she made a comment about leaving the household eventually. For what..? Y'all this bitter and don't know her interests, or what she does during the day, or what she likes to eat, but act like she's still your family?
This story does a good job of keeping the other character's POV from us and just showing their emotion through their expressions and actions only. It really keeps you in suspense. There's way less guessing or predicting you can do for the plot of this story bc you never get to see what the others are thinking, it's a great way to revamp the isekai dating sim set up.

yea welp you can only be prettily drawn for now Reynold. I'll say though that Penelope's last line is kinda ambiguous to me, is she gonna act like Yvonne in the hunting competition(or any other social gathering) or act lost like literally lost although it wouldn't make sense(i might be just dumb lmao), she is just mocking her either way lmao that made him m a d

Ahaha he can go rot in a hole. Tf he has no empathy for anyone except himself, he can’t even see things from other peoples perspectives

@Cattish ya I get that but a lot of the hate is seen only from the side of the main character I'm looking at it from the side of them being children in pain. By "I don't understand the hate" is I don't understand why they hate the brother all he wanted was their little sister who was lost at a young age then his dad brings in this random girl who wishes for your sister to never return. There has to be some resentment there and I may just not remember the story very well but he never hurt her he just didn't want her sister to be replaced by this person. The mc made many mistakes as well this isn't a story without blame it's everywhere so the brothers shouldn't be the only people hated. She may have been treated badly but she treated others badly she was mean rude and the original mc was capable of murder and that's who they remember and see. Everyone is realizing their mistakes and forgiving her and apologizing but the youngest brother can't accept this. He's just immature and hurting.
I appreciate you explaining it to me I don't mean this to be an insult or anything I'm just explaining how I see it I really appreciate your reply.

Users who are viewing this thread