Villains Are Destined to Die - Vol. 1 Ch. 44 - [Season 1 End]

Dex-chan lover
DUDE FUCK REYNOLD like for fucking real!!!! Never bothered asking! All he knew was just that Penelope wanted Yvonne to stay away! He didn't know jack shit! Yeah now how about you stay there in your dumbass attic and feel bad all on your own. Maybe take your brother and father with you. Maybe then y'all can repent a little bit

Dex-chan lover
So she made up penolope past? Inb4 Reynold ask his father how he adopted her and the story his father told him different from what she told him lol

Yes, Penelope, you're doing great, sweetie!!!! Tell that asshat to fuck the fuck offfffff

I'm so excited for season two!!!
*hits that the prince is going to be one of the main guys showing up next season.*
*immediately breaks out in sweats.*

F for Penelope in chat, boys.

I typed a whole thesis of a comment and didnā€™t wanna force anyone to scroll past my rambling, so itā€™s hidden under a spoiler tag even though none of it would count as a spoiler I think, hope thatā€™s okay.
I really appreciate the lengths the author goes to to show how peoples traumas shape their actions. Penelope interesting and understandable from a readers POV but ultimately unlikeable. Itā€™s a more realistic outcome for a girl raised in poverty transplanted into nobility to be ā€œimpoliteā€ and lash out rather than demure and sweet and intelligent and kind and winning everyoneā€™s hearts, lol. I wonder if thatā€™s the part Yvonne is going to play once she debuts in the story.
Penelope and Siyeon are two different characters with similar circumstances, so I like how Siyeon was transplanted into Penelopeā€™s body. Itā€™s almost like some higher power saw her playing the game and was like ā€œyouā€™re the only one with the experience/tools/mindset to handle this mess.ā€ The flashbacks we get of MCā€™s original life are limited but it makes me wonder if Penelopeā€™s ā€œhave an outburstā€ style would have worked better with Siyeonā€™s family instead of her own ā€œbecome a recluseā€ reaction.
That ā€œI was only a 12 year old childā€ line hit hard and Iā€™m really glad the author included it. Itā€™s a reflection of a real-world problem a lot of people in their early 20ā€™s are grappling with. If ur still mad at someone for what they did as a kid arenā€™t you actually mad at a 12 year old for acting 12? How pathetic is that? We all have to sort it out for ourselves.
I do kind of like Reynardā€™s character coming from a point of understanding he lost his mom and his little sister. Itā€™s understandable to be wary of a new step parent, especially after hours has died, but that same feeling directed at a little girl if oof ouch my heart. ā€œYouā€™re not my real sisterā€ but sheā€™s a child and canā€™t raise above or do anything about her situation, and she has no percents to lean on or support her. Reynard didnā€™t have anyone to help process the complicated feelings he was having either. This whole time Iā€™ve been reading Ive been getting steadily more and more mad at their father. for whatever reason he didnā€™t mediate bringing Penelope into the family at ALL and thatā€™s the root 90% of the problems here.
I hope we see more of the prince next season just for bias reasons, lol.

Group Leader
YAASSS SEASON 2 IS THE TIME FOR THE SIDE HOES!!!

Ok jk but I'm really excited to see other characters!
Thank you Asura! For the translations, for picking up this abandoned series, and completing it till the end! See you soon!

Banned
@amc9988

I read the novel b4 it got taken down and she's projecting her personal memories onto the game's family. So technically she's lying since those weren't Penelope's memories. The Duke picked her from the alley while exhausted looking for his missing daughter. Her memory of her dead mom and her father showing up to take her away is the original fucked up life.

Its one of the things I hated about the novel. She can't stop herself from projecting her old family onto her new family when it's clear they are significantly better than her old family. They got flaws but it's not as bad as her old one.

Unfortunately the translated novel got taken before I could finish reading the novel so I don't know if her father from her old life is her real dad or if it's just a dude that felt pity for the child of the woman he was fooling around with outside of his family.

I'm so excited for the season 2!!! I've read already the novel and the 2nd season is way better than the 1st one!!

Such a good ending!! I got actual chills during this chapter!
A speechless Reynold is such a good sight to see. I donā€™t here him, but Iā€™d be lying if I said that I wasnā€™t cheering on Penny to finally snap and give him a piece of her mind. You go girl!!

As for her dialogue... I actually have a theory that while she says that she made it up, she mightā€™ve actually been remembering things, since her dialogue saying ā€œthis is not my lifeā€ sound pretty much like denial speech 101 for me.
Like other people said here, she might just be projecting things from her life in Korea here, however I donā€™t think in the modern world she wouldā€™ve lived with her mothers decaying corpse...? Also didnā€™t her biological father picked her up as her motherā€™s last wish? How could that have happened if she were living with a corpse? Idk, I might be remembering things wrong.

Thank you for translating this series!

wow, what a way to end a season! this was so nice. can't wait for season 2. thank you so much for translating this!

Asura is SERVING šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘ Dear God I loved the translations, and the amount of effort poured into this whole project is giving me chills. They really worked super hard for this, considering the speed of the uploads. Thank you for picking up this series and making it to the season finale! I'm considering donating to this grouo tbh cause I have a lot of respect for their work. Thanks guys!!!

OH MY GOD OH MYGOD FINALLYYYYYYYY BEEN WAITING TO READ THIS PART!! HELL YEAH PENELOPE!!!!

will we see more of the prince next season?? cant wait!!
thank your for the scans team too!!

Users who are viewing this thread