Villains Are Destined to Die - Vol. 1 Ch. 44 - [Season 1 End]

@ Rubbiccino That's totally true, and I didn't now some people actually hated Reynold for that? I thought it was pretty obvious his fault was being oblivious of a lot of facts, as he stood up for her when she was eatng rotten food and was a little protective of her when he found out she took back the same maid... As a matter of fact, I wasn't blaming the father either, merely thinking indingnantly he should have listened to her when she was wrongly accused (I didn't like that she switched back to calling him father without even telling him why she previously stopped, but I understand sh'ell use whatever she needs to survive. But still, I'm reluctant every time I see it...) but now that you state it, you're completely right! As an adult, he should have been supporting her more. I mean, why did he even pick her up then? I fit wasn't to pamper her like his real daughter? It seems he was quite aware she wasn't her either when he picked her up? I mean, no matter how, he couldn't think a beggar like her really was his daughter, no matter how alike they looked or how much time has passed since he lost her. Mannerisms, especially for children, are hard to quit. A noble girl would have stood out in the streets.
Then, let's say the duke was too busy mourning to care properly, or, pushing the realism even further, he didn't really care about her since she was a girl, and she was raised by the servants so he didn't even really knew his own daughter. Considering that, him neglecting her up until her marraible age isn't actually surprising either, just as you explained Reynold's POV. Just like you, I'm not saying I'm cautionning that either.

Did he really just say “I didn’t know”
What the actual f**k do you mean you didn’t know?! Where do you think she came from? Some magical floating cloud with unicorns and rainbows everywhere? Well, you’re a stupid insensitive (don’t forget, uneducated) asshole.
And first of all, it’s your father that brought her there. So if you’re gonna say sh*t about her coming there, why not just take it all out on your father, you f**king dipsh*t.
All she wanted was love and comfort, but all you people have her abuse she absolutely didn’t deserve.
Y’all, can go burn in f**king h*ll for all I care, I don’t need no f**king redemption arc. NO SIREEE!

I'm so happy she got to tell somebody how she really felt. I feel like she was able to release at least some of her pent up anger.

That scene with Reynold was really good and beautiful to. It's a pretty good point to end season one! Can't wait for the next one.

Thank you for translating!

Thank you translator , you've had reached season 1 so far , im very gratefull for that , i cannot wait until season 2 !! Penelope turns the table lmao look at reynold's regret face he kept saying "youㅡ" and never thought that penelope's hard time
Truly wonderful manwha this is

ah yes, Season 2 will start off Great with the Hunting Competition Arc which is a banger!

HELL YEAH, I'M SOOOO EXCITE

I NEED PENE TO MEET THAT F UP PRINCE AGAIN AND SEE HOW SHE SURVIVES IT

all the dialogue had so much meaning and so fricking awesome, thank you translators!

I can't wait for season 2!!! Though i hope eklis isn't one of the two targets that will get less screentime(?) since i'm rooting for his relationship with MC. I ALMOST CRIED READING PENELOPES WORDS TODAY SO THAT STEPBROTHER BETTER WALLOW IN GUILT FOR AT LEAST TWO WEEKS jkjk

ahhhhhhh I'm sooooo excitedddd
I can't wait for season 2
Honestly Penelope's story was really sad and sucks on him for judging her without knowing her context, but that goes to show you communication is important and needed for vital means of connection

ahh thank you so much for this update!!
honestly im happy to know that Penelope got to speak out about how she really felt.

This was such a stunning chapter, I love Penelope so much and she gave him such a raw, unfiltered response. Reynold will never know what she's been through and hasn't even thought about it before that moment. Such a great moment.

I'm sad this manhwa will be on hiatus but god what a way to end the season! I'm looking forward to the next arc.

Combo hit 2
Combo hit 3
Combo hit 999
Perfect!
Yo, I just hit the button randomly.

Reynold is an asshole, spoiled brat, and naive bastard.
But, the biggest asshole is Duke Eckart, he blindly trusts Reynold's accusation and gives a hard punishment to Penelope.
Luckily they reflect on their action, the next season must be their redemption arc to stay on Penelope side.
Thanks for other users to give a warning about to not attached to Derrick.
Iklise is dangerous, and Vinter will be like a shadow.
The crown prince Kallisto is rude, but it is understandable.

CROWN PRINCE IS COMIIINNNGGGGG
Fyi, he's the actual Tsun tsun and wife spoiling man lol

Users who are viewing this thread