Villains Are Destined to Die - Vol. 1 Ch. 9

Fed-Kun's army
Keeping the maid is the best course of action. She'll be indebted to Penelope for letting her keep her job, and will most likely not try anything colossally stupid from now on. Or at least, maybe not stab her with needles and feed her literal trash.

This is why i love stories on the making of queens👑 it's so satisfying seeing someone gives a clap back with dignity💕

Aggregator gang
@snowyang26 Even though it was the father who brought her in and kept her around, sure, she didn't move away when asked, but i am sure a noble can just throw her out, and a revelation in the novel(not the one everyone mentions) makes it even more awful:
They hate her for replacing Yvonne and want her to leave, but as it turns out, Penelope did try to leave and run away some times, but they brought her back home and actually built new bigger walls and found ways to make sure she can't escape.

You know, Penelope ran away because she wasn't liking the way she was being treated but they sure as hell didn't let her just leave, almost as if they want her there to torture her while saying she is so evil and what not, hard to not blame her for going mad...i am actually shocked that in the game story she tried to still be in the mansion and act like she was the real Yvonne, i guess Stockholm Syndrome kicked in or something.

But yeah, apparently she had one time to leave and she didn't because, well as a flashback shows, she was a very poor filthy commoner that apparently didn't get anything from her merchant mother and thus didn't want to go back to being a commoner to starve, maybe the father offered her some money, but considering what we see here, it was either being evicted with nothing or staying at a place with a bed and food, and even trash food is better than nothing...though seeing as how she tried to run away later, not even she agrees with that.

HAAA DRAG THEM, MY QUEEN!!
Keep that human (wait, should i called them human when they're not act like that one) on your grip!!. 🔥🔥🔥.
Glad my queen making that bunch of maid know their place!!

Fed-Kun's army
Girl needs to eat asap but yes, great start to a comeback. Head maids can be so...

Why are they never nice to the servants in these stories? I think you can be assertive without being rude right?

Contributor
Bringing back the maid that stabs you in your sleep with needles and might now have reasons to both despise and fear you seems like... not the power move this chapter makes it out to be.

Honestly her whole strategy seems built around some of the sort of compromising-with-abusers that is both entirely believable given her background, and also an absolutely terrible strategy for anyone who has any alternative (because abusive people aren't going to get better just because you're being reasonable). Arguably she has no viable alternative here, mind, as she's noted... Although, if I were her I'd consider taking my chances running away, to be honest, given how absurdly high the death risk seems to be at home (even for an abusive situation).

Anyway, with how grim the abuse and power-plays are in this one, I'm going to be a little mad if/when the series paints the brothers as actually okay guys later on (which feels like the natural progression of where this is going).

Aggregator gang
@RubyG8396 well i wouldn't be talking about others stories that you read. But you are aware of how the servants here treat her right..

Her pride make sense as she also came from a wealthy family (despite being treated like shit)

@jellu I think I just like #1 happy feely things , #2 forced character development and #3 an all encompassing sense of belonging. I just want everyone to smile happily singing kumbaya while running off into the sunset. Is that too much to ask for?

I can't even remember which story I posted this comment for because they all mesh together in my brain but, whenever these girls up and decide they are gonna "get revenge" and be mean and be snobby and junk, I just think of class prejudice or feel like the lower class is being bullied. Sure they deserve it but like...it's not all happy feely and stuff. Happy feely is not a phrase. I'm thinking of touchy feely. Anyways. Sure I'm being ridiculous and I'm acknowledging that but... if only caste systems weren't a thing. Nobody's happy with a caste system - except the nobles, and that makes me sad 😩. Technically you're right and my judgement is clouded, but those poor poorer people.

Edit: Oh it's THIS story. I like this one.

Dex-chan lover
it's true that she has to make bad choices to survive (like kowtowing to people who abused her) but i think you're supposed to be frustrated by it. the game is unfair/hardmode. i think as she racks up favorability, she might be able to take more risks.

I don't want this girl to be cared for by these jerks. The Duke adopted her and then immediately started treating her like trash. The brothers are just jerks and the servants somehow think they outrank her. I don't understand this author... Rather than fighting for their affection this girl should take her allowance and gtfo.

Double-page supporter
@Anonismsplight

Except she can't do that right now. There's no valid excuse. In her original world, she used university as a reason to get a allowance and get out. Unless she has something like that, saying "I want to leave" would simply result in her being thrown to the streets, penniless, since nobody actually cares about her. And in a medieval world like this, that's basically asking to get kidnapped and abused/killed.

Users who are viewing this thread