Villains Are Destined to Die - Vol. 3 Ch. 124 - [Season 3 End]

Double-page supporter
Man what an amazing read, can't wait for season 4 to start!

Penelope always stood out to me as a unique Isekai character because she became a combination of the original villainess with the memories of the Isekai'd person and kept facets of her original personality.

In almost every other case, its been like body snatchers just suddenly take over the body of a person and nobody seems to mind or care because they became a "better" person.

It always made me feel bad when the original personality was just cast aside.
If you're into that, then I'd recommend taking a look at "The One Within the Villainess". To keep it short, isekai reincarnator, original character is actually pushed to the subconscious and sees everything the reincarnated girl is trying to do (as well as her previous life memories), experiences her life through that subconsciously, but then when some bad shit happens the reincarnated person practically shuts down and the original villainess comes back up.

Executed real well, not a ton of chapters but what's there are quite lengthy with good art.

Double-page supporter
She mentions during season 1 how she is being influenced by Penelope memories and further into the story she even says how she feels Penelope's pride.

Her actions are at times very clearly influenced by memories and feelings Penelope has had in the past.

With that being said, this manwha has been picked up by several translations teams so its very possible we were reading very different interpretations.

I've just binged the entire series and this is not true. MC is sympathetic towards Penelope due to their almost identical background.

Every single instance where she was influenced by a past experience have always referred to her past life.

She also made it very clear on multiple instances that she is not Penelope, has no memory of Penelope, and even felt bad for Penelope at one point because Penelope isn't the one to receive the Duke's affection.

Dex-chan lover
I've just binged the entire series and this is not true. MC is sympathetic towards Penelope due to their almost identical background.

Every single instance where she was influenced by a past experience have always referred to her past life.

She also made it very clear on multiple instances that she is not Penelope, has no memory of Penelope, and even felt bad for Penelope at one point because Penelope isn't the one to receive the Duke's affection.
Look, I understand people have very different interpretations of events. That being the case its difficult for me to assume the memories from penelope being blamed for entering her sister's room, and the memories of her poor life with her mother before the events of the game are just the reincarnator imposing event from her old life onto Penelope's actual History.

We've seen Penelope be surprised by things in her new life being different from how they are described in the game (usually to the tune of being far more dramatic and extreme). But her recollection of certain events in Penelope's past are vivid and affect her decisions.

Despite the reincarnator seeking independence and escape from her original family, even after improving Penelope's relationship with her family and the duchy she only actively distances and reprimands them due to events and bahavior they had done unto Penelope in the past, usually based on events before she awoke in this world.

I'm quite infatuated with this series, so I've re-read it a few times to date, especially during the long breaks between seasons. Regretfully tho, I just can't agree your interpretation.

Dex-chan lover
just was able to read it all, its been so long since the last update i just read the whole thing.

first off, if penelope could stop being such a bitch to derrick she wouldnt have to worry about dying.
Second, Winter is getting what he deserves for using words like that carelessly,

Third, and most important, Kallisto is actually turning into a really cool character and guy now that we know him the best out of everyone else, and he so far hasnt made terrible decisions.

I get that pen is still seeing this as a game but good lord woman you've been in a fantasy world fearing for your life for months, this is serious shit and you need to act like that, stop grooming eclis for the love of god he's going to hate you even without yvonne coming back.

I do find it pretty cool though that the one she put all her chips on in the beginning is going the worst, and the one she wrote off is about to confess.

lastly i like that theyre recontextualizing the game, to me it seems like it'll be a middle section of a story where yvonne comes back and after the events of the game, she destroys the kingdom with the leilans

i really love this leilan plot, its so much better than the eclis or derrick drama

Dex-chan lover
Kallisto you beastly stud :hearts: :nyoron: :hearts: :hearts:
I fkn love how I can never predict his appearance and his actions. At the first meeting, at his visit to the Duke house, at the cave and at how he have such an enormous size of testicles to kiss Penny before teleporting away :hearts: (not at the hunting event arc though, because who else would excel at killing critters other than a lunatic who slashed a lady's neck AT THEIR FIRST MEETING)

I speedran the chaps from 1 to 124. I ran out of mobile data midway lmao. Thank you for translation!! I love this!! (Read: love Kallisto) :win:

Dex-chan lover
just was able to read it all, its been so long since the last update i just read the whole thing.

first off, if penelope could stop being such a bitch to derrick she wouldnt have to worry about dying.
Second, Winter is getting what he deserves for using words like that carelessly,

Third, and most important, Kallisto is actually turning into a really cool character and guy now that we know him the best out of everyone else, and he so far hasnt made terrible decisions.

I get that pen is still seeing this as a game but good lord woman you've been in a fantasy world fearing for your life for months, this is serious shit and you need to act like that, stop grooming eclis for the love of god he's going to hate you even without yvonne coming back.

I do find it pretty cool though that the one she put all her chips on in the beginning is going the worst, and the one she wrote off is about to confess.

lastly i like that theyre recontextualizing the game, to me it seems like it'll be a middle section of a story where yvonne comes back and after the events of the game, she destroys the kingdom with the leilans

i really love this leilan plot, its so much better than the eclis or derrick drama
Derrick deserves it

Dex-chan lover
Look, I understand people have very different interpretations of events. That being the case its difficult for me to assume the memories from penelope being blamed for entering her sister's room, and the memories of her poor life with her mother before the events of the game are just the reincarnator imposing event from her old life onto Penelope's actual History.

We've seen Penelope be surprised by things in her new life being different from how they are described in the game (usually to the tune of being far more dramatic and extreme). But her recollection of certain events in Penelope's past are vivid and affect her decisions.

Despite the reincarnator seeking independence and escape from her original family, even after improving Penelope's relationship with her family and the duchy she only actively distances and reprimands them due to events and bahavior they had done unto Penelope in the past, usually based on events before she awoke in this world.

I'm quite infatuated with this series, so I've re-read it a few times to date, especially during the long breaks between seasons. Regretfully tho, I just can't agree your interpretation.
Re-read it again then. I can remember a point where she’s talking to one of the family members and spins a sob story to explain her actions, and then explicitly says/thinks “i have no idea if she actually went through something like this, but it seems plausible and anyway now they’ll leave me alone.” There are stories like you describe, where the character is the same, just having recieved an isekai memory-dump, but this isn’t one of them. The girl we’re looking at is not the one inside her head. She’s a body-snatcher.

Dex-chan lover
Re-read it again then. I can remember a point where she’s talking to one of the family members and spins a sob story to explain her actions, and then explicitly says/thinks “i have no idea if she actually went through something like this, but it seems plausible and anyway now they’ll leave me alone.” There are stories like you describe, where the character is the same, just having recieved an isekai memory-dump, but this isn’t one of them. The girl we’re looking at is not the one inside her head. She’s a body-snatcher.
Currently reading chapter 133 on Asurascans website, its usually who I use since they've translated the series in its entirety up to the current chapter.

I don't agree with your opinion, maybe if you read their translation on their website you may agree with me.

Fed-Kun's army
LMAO LOVE THE FACT IN SEASON 1 IS YOUNGER BROTHER WHO WAS ROASTED BY HER IN THE ANNEX
2ND SEASON WAS THE ELDER BROTHER AFTER THE TRIAL
3RD SEASON IS MR VICTOR IN HER BEDROOM

Fed-Kun's army
well they were translating the entire time, they stopped posting here during the whole mangadex going down for like 6 or 7 month debacle
I read a few panels of that other translator's work and now I wish Asura would start posting here again.

Users who are viewing this thread