Villains Are Destined to Die

How could this shit has 9 rating are you serious, I forced myself through ch 2, can barely finish ch 3. The amount of bullshit is exceeding my bs bar.

It has to be the art right, story is on par with OP isekai trash.

I'll just put a spoiler tag since it "might" be considered SPOILER. anyway, I hope she takes that ring off after getting ikles trust. Or like take it off and tell him that she won't do anything like that to him like what they did to him. Sounds cheesy but hey most stories I've read said it like that. Idk if this story will be different but let's wait and see

@Fenixr umm im trying to read it and i dont think so, the translations are kinda all over the place. ik one thats translated until 40-smt but ik someone has translated a few chapters after 130-smt

I have to ask, how many "targets" did this game have?
The brothers, the prince, the slave, the wizard...
anyone else?

Troublesome Capture target Rankings (IN MY OPINION):
1. THE SLAVE (IT'S THE REALLY LOYAL ONES WHO WORRY ME)
2. CROWN PRINCE (NO EXPLANATIONS ARE NEEDED)
3. THE MAGE (SEEMS LIKE THE KIND, BUT LATER CLINGY CHARACTER)
4. THE BROTHERS (WEIRDLY ENOUGH SEEM TO BE THE MOST NORMAL, EVEN THOUGH IT COULD BE CONSIDERED INCEST AND THEY PROBABLY HAVE THE LOWEST CHANCE.)

@IVVO
I could say the same about “The monster duchess something something” but I didn’t, I considered that there are fans that really like that so I avoided calling it shit and just instead said, “it’s not for me, I don’t really like this, I really don’t get why people like it but I’ll respect your tastes and avoid calling it shit”.

@Barajou or someone else.
Can you spoiler me the ending? Also was real life (outside of game) touched after, like her going back at end or she just stayed in the game without mentioning it again?
Thanks in advance.

The way they abruptly change... They went from looking at her with disdain, to caring about her within the span of a few chapters. Where was the reason for this sudden change? Yeah I know there is a novel to this. But this is the manga. So we really can't just go with what the novel says.

@cinnamoncookie I was unsure about this too, so I came to a conclusion that they always cared about her, but since she was behaving horribly they stopped showing it. I mean, she was really edgy, so their care might have died out. And when she started to behave more like a normal person, their care came back to life again. They still are really rough and it is visible that they lack "a female touch" if you know what I mean. But still, if they really hated her, they would have disposed of her long ago (I know their family is known and it might not be so easy to do it but I'm sure there was a way or two to achieve that if they really wanted).

It still does not excuse their mean behaviour towards her, but it is really hard to judge since it was originally a game with a lot of bad, brutal endings. We know how cruel they can be, but not everything bad in the game will happen to current penelope, since she is trying her best. I still don't like their behaviour, especially fathers', he is a grown ass adult, I though he would be more curious or understanding towards Penelope, but well...

You guys shouldn't really expect MC to indulge in romance even though she basically has to raise the favorability meter of her target capture to survive the game...

She will be cold, distrusting and calculating in order to maximise her chance of survival. Pretty sure some readers will find her paranoia extremely annoying later on, but it's rather understandable why she did it.

Honestly the only "fluff" moments she will ever get was from
the crown prince and slightly the mage(which then spiralled down to endless feeling of betrayal due to the mage's deception towards the MC). Can't really see the fluff between MC and Iklies due to the master-slave relationship which is pretty toxic later on. Her relationship between the brothers are just full of angst and will make you want to personally kill them especially the first brother. Oh well, at least the second brother is tolerable in the mid of the story.

Anyways tldr really good read. One of the MC that doesn't afraid to be a little villainous, but still doesn't lose her morality. She has flaws, and her character overall will properly develop as the story goes further.

@Quenkani even if she was acting like that before. It was their fault the original became like that in the first place. Being a kid in the environment she was in, anyone would have turned out like she did. Also... If she did change which led to them caring. Isn't this too big of a change? Even she's shocked and confused about that. It's just too big of a change in such a little amount of time

@cinnamoncookie I think so too ;) That's why I came to that not really perfect conclusion - my mind tried to make a little bit more sense of their sudden change.
I forgot about this, but some time ago, when she was remembering about her real life, I remember feelieng weird about that one time she got beaten up. If I remember correctly her brother started asking who did that and that totally threw me off then too - since they only bullied her and it was her brother's fault she was hurt in the first place, so why he suddenly cared? It is repeating in the game too.
I guess my mind tried to make at least some excuse for the game life, since I found literally no teories and conclusions for that one. :(

W- WHAT'S WITH THAT CLIFFHANGER QAQ. Author you're so mean you leave us readers hanging 😭. Anyway, thank you so much for the update ❤️. Keep up the good work~

Ikles seems like the best option.
He didn’t mistreat her in normal mode, unlike the rest. The brothers killed her in the other versions, the crown prince is a psycho n the magician is meh. Ikles is the best option, n I’m team ikles

If there's any romance fluff with her bro, I'm dropping this. They've treated her like trash before, and my poor little brain cells still remember it. I haven't got any revenge satisfaction as of now

Users who are viewing this thread