Vinland Saga - Ch. 205 - Thousand Year Voyage Part 14

Dex-chan lover
While Niskawaji'j says she isn't sick any longer, do her discolored hands indicate otherwise? Or do some survivors retain permanently discolored skin even after recovering?

Considering how the allied tribes vastly outnumber the villagers I have to wonder how many would/may be stubborn enough to try and stay and fight?

Dex-chan lover
I guess we are not going the alternate history route then.

I would have liked to see what Yukimura-sensei imagined for a “peaceful” settling of the Americas by Europeans. Maybe the scope is just too enormous for manga-form.

Dex-chan lover
I wonder how terrible the disease has been for the other tribes.
Presumably not nearly as bad as Niskawaji'j's tribe considering how many potential combatants (at least 300 according to Thorfinn) came to the gathering/meeting.

I guess we are not going the alternate history route then.

I would have liked to see what Yukimura-sensei imagined for a “peaceful” settling of the Americas by Europeans. Maybe the scope is just too enormous for manga-form.
Yeah it doesn't seem like Yukimura will go full-blown Tarantino alternate history.

Also somewhat ironically, while there have been lethal large-scale skirmishes and conflicts in Iceland, (according to Wikipedia at least) Iceland has never participated in a full-scale war or invasion in its recorded history. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_involving_Iceland

Sigurd sorta referenced that during his fight with his father (Halfdan), I wonder if that historical factoid will play a role in keeping the story from having a completely downer ending?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread