Vinland Saga - Vol. 17 Ch. 119 - The Hunter and the Hunted, Part 6

This is a very interesting chapter, because it gives a much needed extrapolation on the relationship between Thorfinn and Hild. Obviously this whole arc is meant as a "how does it feel?" representation of the beastial, mindless, revenge-filled Thorfinn, but this really allows us to get a second perspective of how Thorfinn felt when Askeladd killed Thors. Albeit, Hild's father was simply dominated. Not to mention how Thors and Hnelaishxidbeow or whatever both carry pacifistic ideas, from Thors' becoming a true warrior and Henaosodudhhwwow's reliance on Christianity and forgiveness. Obviously both of them ending up clinging to the opposite ideas bestowed to them by their wiser counterparts.
That said, Hild does not have an Askeladd counterpart whose existence ended up permeating throughout the life of the victim, unless this hunter fellow is, so Hild had even less to no opportunity at all to learn better than primal, humiliating revenge. Overall, great chapter.

So... Thorfinn actually saved Hild from being raped and killed/sold to slavery

lpe

I mean, even if Thorfinn hadn't kill her dad, he would have been killed anyways, her too. He gave him a quick death, and saved her life

I guess you could ressent for that person, but... I mean..

Fed-Kun's army
Not ppl defending thorfinn killing ppl, yeah, they would have been killed but they could have also escaped like he was gonna do

Fed-Kun's army
i love hild's character alot, she's very interesting

Dex-chan lover
Commenters 2 and 3 are actually late in french, holy shit

Users who are viewing this thread