Vinland Saga - Vol. 17 Ch. 122 - The Hunter and the Hunted, Part 9

Two is not enough. I think we need at least one more headstrong woman who refuses to be a conventional housewife. And at least another 9 chapters to develop them and really show that they do, in fact, refuse the traditions of being a woman in this trying times. Thorfinn and his dreams can wait, he needs to suffer more.

@Juke Women actually having characters besides homemaker is really getting on your nerves in your historically realistic manga, huh?

@TX15 I kinda agree, we just kinda meet Einar and the story expects us to care for him like we do Thorfinn. He literally has no backstory. He's just been a slave with Thorfinn and then they're brothers? I don't even feel like they have much chemistry as characters. That being said, I appreciate his place, and I will let the story take me where it wants to with him.

Ain't gonna lie, haven't really liked this arc. It's great seeing Thorfinn put in the same place he put Askeladd but the sheer coincidence and luck of them meeting paths, the obvious bluffs being obvious, how OP Hild is for some reason but most importantly is the pace and how long this was, there was no need for this fight in the woods to happen, remove the whole poison scam and have this be resolved at the river bank the result is the same given how they all still went into the mountain.

I dunno this really feels like they just ran into an arbitrary obstacle to stop their journey
specially given how she broke his leg so he has to rest now
In any case is not something that affects my enjoyment that much and I like the outcome, for the most part. It's just that it's the first time reading this manga that I feel something wasn't really necessary.

Fed-Kun's army
Not gonna lie, felt pretty damn unsatisfying, could've been a better arc.

Dex-chan lover
@DLSanma

"how op hild is for some reason"

what do you mean? its a ranged fight in an environment that hild clearly understands better than thorfinn who also has literally no weapon? its a goddamn gun fight vs a martial artist essentially

what did you expect? thorfinn to somehow win? especially when he doesnt want to enact violence?

what about this is such a mindboggling thought? she isn't op in the slightest from all the info we know about her.

Other than that i have no problems with your criticism even if i may not agree with all of it, but that one point is just dumb

Aggregator gang
I'm not saying this ark is so force but this stupid ark is so force

also, I know the MC is a good guy now but for f*ck sake, don't say anything so stupid. To even try to reason or to justify your action, sorry but it's so cringe for me

hild and MC mouth is so big brain

stop reading if you don't like it, but if you're still reading this far into it then you're just complaining. just enjoy it while it lasts

Dex-chan lover
So the hunter joined the party. I wonder who's next? or is this the full crew?

Dex-chan lover
Okay dude, come on now the ghosts of her dad/mentor did all that? Come on now

Double-page supporter
I’m happy she’s joining cause she a way better female then the last one she can actually do stuff!
but wow all that build up for that kind of a let down

Users who are viewing this thread