Vinland Saga - Vol. 22 Ch. 155 - Baltic Sea War, Part 31

@Nutfiend: well, you've got to keep in mind Thorfinn's purpose here. He didn't come here to fight Garm. He came here to save his friends, which he did. Now Thorfinn just needs to get out of the settlement himself, preferably without any annoying trackers. I really doubt he'll get very serious either; all I can see is him taunting his opponent to lure him into some sort of trap and be able to rid himself of Garm. Although Garm might pull out the "use the little kid as a hostage to make one get serious" card . But even then, I can already see too much of Thorfinn's steadfast father shine through him, plus with the back-up of Hild ... no, if I were you, I wouldn't count on a harsh battle to the death between those two. On the other hand, we shouldn't forget it was actually Garm who stole Thorkell's prey Vagn, so you'll probably be able to count on that serious fight.

Anyway, I agree with the sentiment Garm has overstayed his welcome in the manga. My guess is he'll either die, or undergo some heavy character development. He's nothing but a watered down copy of Thorkell after all.

Thorfinn bringing on the bantz. I think it's first time we've seen him be this smug.

Aggregator gang
This is probably one of my favorite chapters in a loong time. Those first person panels and Thorfinn showing cockiness to rile up whatshisname were awesome.

Someone is gonna get Askeladd'd.

Seeing Thorfinn take on that old man's mantle was awesome.

Dex-chan lover
Thorkell is the greatest thing on this manga, also that trashtalk by Thorfinn was awesome lets see him being able to back it up.

Great chapter, I look forward to seeing more future fights with Thorfinn's "Handicap" as he calls it.

I guees we will get the combat that was cut short here

https://mangadex.org/chapter/50190/22

or something similar ?)

Time to be a true warior

Dex-chan lover
First we have Thorkell's JoJo pose and then we have Thorfinn do his best Joseph Joestar imitation. Maybe next chapter we will get "your next line is" at this rate.

God I love this chap. Throfinn is now a combination of his old man and askeladdo. 10/10 kino.

I hope this side of Thorfinn shows up more. Being a mix of his dad and Thorkell is really what I want out of his character.

Users who are viewing this thread