Vinland Saga - Vol. 23 Ch. 166 - Wedding

Double-page supporter
Aaahh, I really wanted to see his trip to Constantinople. Bet there was bandits or pirates or whatnot, perfect for some juicy combat scenes.
But then again, this manga's name is Vinland Saga, and it took 166 chapters to finally getting to the starting line of traveling to Vinland, so I guess that time skip was necessary.
But I wish he could at least draw a no dialog, fast paced, time framed chapter where he shows what happened during the travel.

@Anonyan

Author had a chance to show some chapters without fights, and skipped it. Clearly hasn't got any interest in it.

Maybe just show the so called "peaceful" cast doing something other than get into trouble or fights once on panel. Even in a shaggy dog story it can happen, and it did happen here.

Or they had to kill 99 soldiers before trading obviously /s.

Dex-chan lover
"There seems to be a gap between chapters. Click here to continue."

Boy is this the truest it's ever been.

Whoever thinks that the author skipped a couple chapters is an idiot.
1. There wouldn’t be a jump to chapter 166, it would just continue as normal.
2. I you use the wide world of the internet you can find the missing chapters.

Dex-chan lover
All the asspain and ignorance.

I for one think this is a brilliant manga, the author did nothing wrong. Thumbs up!

@deltarayedge:
Author had a chance to show some chapters without fights, and skipped it...
Actually a decent point.

The coming Vinland arc might be the last arc... If we even get an arc, possible that we are almost at the end.

E: I am a bit "worried" about the crossbow lass... Maybe Vinland itself will give her peace, who knows?

@BrichJuice

Thanks, finally someone that understood the point I was trying to make.

(rest seemed to misunderstand entirely and hurl insults)

Anyway, I don't know about the crossbow lad, assuming mc colonizes without killing, she'll probably defrost. She can quietly enjoy feasts sometimes.

Group Leader
fucking bullshit. a fucking timeskip??? Mother fucker I waited years for Thorfinn to explore Eastern Europe/Western Asia. It was the perfect tonal shift after Thorfinn goes pacifist. I waited literal fucking years through this boring, half-baked, cockamamie arc, for the arc I was most excited for to be skipped over. fuck you Yukimura.

einar: I'm having a little deja vu
me: hm? what was that happened last time?..
*ylva tries to punch thorfinn*
me: aah right that happened :p

When you know that thorfin get its ass kicked by americans tribes and go back to iceland because he doesnt want to fight them and his project is actually a big failure, its a real shame we wont see the trip to the east.

Amazing, they gave us weak arcs and added new terrible characters, only to timeskip two years. What the fuck.

Users who are viewing this thread