Vinland Saga - Vol. 24 Ch. 169 - Sailing for the West (3)

Interesting. I think the author meant to reflect Percival's raising in the book with the same name. The aforementioned man is son to a famous knight, however, his father dies in battle and pains his mother so much that he's raised as a girl to avoid him from becoming a knight too.

Dex-chan lover
The way Thorkell was portrayed was... probably very accurate. And I love Cordelia already! I hope she ends up joining them on their trip.

OK, now all good characters either dead or gone or rediculed, and the gay thing with braids as main topic. Im done here.

If Thorkell is Thorfinn’s great-uncle, and Cordelia is Thorkell’s child, what’s Thorfinn’s relationship to Cordelia? Second cousin?

Aggregator gang
Thorfinn says trans women are women who deserve a safe space to live freely. If you can't get on board with that, you are reading the wrong manga.

I find amusing that the people who always complains about SJW and such being easily offended are the first to be offended by a manga plot.

Guys, grow up.

@tesslakane It's horrible and Vinland Saga has terrible quality now. Random characters shoehorned in for no reason (hello Hilde), skipping Constantinople for no reason.
Manga is shit now, there's a reason Hox dropped it.

Contributor
I feel like everyone jumped in expecting some Viking epic when Yukimura was more interested on using it for a central conflict: maintaining a pacifist dogma in a culture where pacifism is non-existent.

Dex-chan lover
Hold the phone, Thorkell had a wife?! What kind of woman could have married that beast.

Tbh, I really wanted to see the Rus and Constantinople. I think the Varangian Guard wasn't a big factor in Byzantium at the time the manga takes place and it would have been fun if Thorfinn had something to do with it being a major force (idk what, but an easy story line would be thorfinn saving the Emperor from an assasin and the emperor would get the idea to use Varangians as his personal guard soemthing like that). Also the whole Cordelia/Harvarr situation is straight up bizzare lol. However I don't dislike the series, I will keep reading just with a smaller interest now :/

Users who are viewing this thread