Wait Where the Shooting Star Has Fallen

Supporter
Man. this hurts. Great story so far. But man. This hurts my heart.

Yo why are the mystical and nostalgic ones with amazing art always so underrated?

Double-page supporter
If you are reading the comments and wondering whether you should read this, yes, you should read this.

The setting is unique, the characters are charming, and the art is beautiful. The artist has a true grasp for drawing fluid characters, and there isn't a stiff-looking shot in any part of this webcomic. Every panel (if you can call them that!) is carefully stuffed with clever transitions and background detail. You haven't read this story before. Go read it!

Dex-chan lover
This is for a young demographic, don't expect any hard hitting stories. I don't reccomend this one unless your young.

At the age of 31, I still find this story magical and beautiful. The story is not a typical shoujo manga and it should be appreciated for its own merits. I did find the first couple of chapters slow but once the story progresses it becomes fascinating.

Double-page supporter
@Darkmeep I disagree. It deals with some complicated themes of loneliness, and corruption. Don't let a fantasy setting fool you. This webtoon can be enjoyed by people of all ages.

Bibi's uncontrollable attachment to Flo hit me pretty hard, especially when they find the second shooting star. Not to mention the death of Ozan's child. Plus Meinod burning alive was pretty shocking, and not something one would usually see in a story aimed at children.

pye just stop, just a few chapters ago you were all over flo, now you're all over ephie! just stop, I'm happy for Bibi and ephie since their feelings aren't really planned out, they just came to like each other. love it! so stay away pye

Does anyone know how old is she and he or it dosen't tell? I was confused because of the marks of hand in the wall haha.

Fed-Kun's army
@darkmeep thats a bit condescending lmao just because the art is very child-like (but unique and beautiful) it’s pretty dark themed

Fed-Kun's army
So, according to the artist's twitter, he suffered a herniated disc and hasn't been able to sit and draw for the last 3 months due to surgery and recovery.

If you're wondering about whether this manhwa is worth the time...

The short answer:
Yes. It's probably the best manhwa I've read so far, and I mean it. If the author sold eng translations of their comic book, I would gladly pay for them because they are works of art in terms of story and visual.

The long answer:
[ul]- The story is paced and developed well; the plot does not feel rushed, but neither does it feel like its slugging.
- Similarly, the theme that it seems to cover is one I don't see a lot: the desire to not be alone or have someone, and the extent that people will go through in order to not be lonely (and how it manifests). There could be more themes but that seems to be the main theme.
- The characters (esp the main characters, Bibi and Ephie) have unique personalities that are rich and detailed. Even characters that would be considered "secondary" are unique, and offer value to the story (they're not just there to fill in). I believe people will find aspects of themselves in the characters.
- The development of relationships between characters is realistic in that they all go through ups and downs, and forwards and backward (oh boi my heart hurts UGH).
- The art-style of the manhwa is beautiful; it's not overly detailed nor too simple, and it has a wonderful color palette (you can tell by looking at the cover). It also greatly uses lighting and dark/light contrasts really well, which helps to create the "mood" for the scene. The layout and transition of each panel smoothly flow to the next, to the point where it feels like each scene is a story-board for a movie (I swear you could film an entire show using the manhwa as a storyboard for shots).[/ul]

If you can't tell I really love this manhwa (♡≧ 𓎺 ≦)=ъ ♡.

Users who are viewing this thread