Wan Mu

I don't the story itself is inherently bad just very poorly written. All of the drama either just happens, happens off screen or is just quickly glossed over. Having WanWans mum walk in on them and then suddenly its 10 years in the future is just bad, you can't really feel invested in the characters because we don't see them actually going through shit.

Dex-chan lover
So... I read 10 chapters. Should I stop or it not so bad? I hate NTR , but ... I don't know xD Tell me please xD

Literally one of them already has two gay parents. STFU, its a shitty story with a shitty ending. There are a ton of comphet stories, you don't have to defend every single one with the dumb ass "Based on real life" when getting married and having children is at the lowest rates in Asian and Western countries. No one gives a shit, therefore these comphet stories have lost all meaning. Especially one like this with the most welcoming starting premise to a gay relationship in broader society. It's like having a comphet story in modern France, it's unrealistic and based solely on shitty writers sticking to old and tired tropes. And being a bad writer and not knowing how to use those tropes correctly certainly doesn't help.
Didn't Mumu say it herself? She saw her own gay parents hide the fact that they're gay from a majority of the people around them. She watched them have basically no contact with the families that they had just to be together. She watched her parents continue to keep hiding because they were afraid that their daughter will get ostracized by everyone else.

And on top of all that, Mumu had to watch her girlfriend be pressured by an ignorant yet caring single mother to settle down and find what society deemed to be a happy family and a stable future. She was afraid that the bad stuff that happened to her and her parents will happen to Wanwan because they were a gay couple.

This story isn't shitty, it's their situation that's shitty. Considering the theme, you can say that this story is uncomfortable to read. But that's the point. It's supposed to make you feel uncomfortable about both MC's bad decisions.
A good story isn't decided by how happy it makes you feel but by how well it can make you think of and feel about the situations the characters are in -- both good AND bad.

You're telling me not to defend this "with the dumb ass 'Based on real life'" argument but please do give things a little bit more thought.

You said it yourself, "having a comphet story in modern France is unrealistic".

Spend just a tiny bit more time reading and understanding why the story was written the way it is. Don't let what you think is common sense stop you from understanding another's reality.
You're forgetting that this story was written by a Chinese author and started and ended between mid 00's to mid-late 10's and is set in China. Things are a completely different case over here in many East and South East Asian countries (especially if the country's culture has a stubborn outlook on maintaining certain traditions and/or beliefs).
I wish it wasn't the case but, we're still behind on the times when compared to the West. Maybe if you check the internet side of things, a lot of people are more accepting. But it's a lot harsher once you go offline. It's not as bad as it was a decade ago but we still get stares when walking hand-in-hand with a partner of the same sex. Even today, relatives will talk behind our backs and will comment on why we haven't gotten married yet or why we don't have kids yet. I doubt people from the West have an equivalent for this type of societal pressure. You guys value individuality and independence just as much as we value relationships and community.

This isn't a comphet set in modern France. It's a story set in a place that just barely started acknowledging gay people.

Fed-Kun's army
Didn't Mumu say it herself? She saw her own gay parents hide the fact that they're gay from a majority of the people around them. She watched them have basically no contact with the families that they had just to be together. She watched her parents continue to keep hiding because they were afraid that their daughter will get ostracized by everyone else.

And on top of all that, Mumu had to watch her girlfriend be pressured by an ignorant yet caring single mother to settle down and find what society deemed to be a happy family and a stable future. She was afraid that the bad stuff that happened to her and her parents will happen to Wanwan because they were a gay couple.

This story isn't shitty, it's their situation that's shitty. Considering the theme, you can say that this story is uncomfortable to read. But that's the point. It's supposed to make you feel uncomfortable about both MC's bad decisions.
A good story isn't decided by how happy it makes you feel but by how well it can make you think of and feel about the situations the characters are in -- both good AND bad.

You're telling me not to defend this "with the dumb ass 'Based on real life'" argument but please do give things a little bit more thought.

You said it yourself, "having a comphet story in modern France is unrealistic".

Spend just a tiny bit more time reading and understanding why the story was written the way it is. Don't let what you think is common sense stop you from understanding another's reality.
You're forgetting that this story was written by a Chinese author and started and ended between mid 00's to mid-late 10's and is set in China. Things are a completely different case over here in many East and South East Asian countries (especially if the country's culture has a stubborn outlook on maintaining certain traditions and/or beliefs).
I wish it wasn't the case but, we're still behind on the times when compared to the West. Maybe if you check the internet side of things, a lot of people are more accepting. But it's a lot harsher once you go offline. It's not as bad as it was a decade ago but we still get stares when walking hand-in-hand with a partner of the same sex. Even today, relatives will talk behind our backs and will comment on why we haven't gotten married yet or why we don't have kids yet. I doubt people from the West have an equivalent for this type of societal pressure. You guys value individuality and independence just as much as we value relationships and community.

This isn't a comphet set in modern France. It's a story set in a place that just barely started acknowledging gay people.
What an absolute fucking joke. Again, one of the characters literally has parents who are together. The two characters are literally together for a decade before one of them gets cock hungry. They lived a rather successful life until they caved to literally ONE person. Societal pressure? There was no societal pressure. No one was harassing them, no one threatening them. One of their mothers nagged her daughter into some dude's bed for seven years. And then when she gets tired of taking a dick she up and leaves with literally zero issues. One of the girls doesn't get married and have kids and "society" didn't expel her, "society" didn't do a damn thing to justify their actions. It's just an excuse to write shitty NTR stories.

It's a shitty story with a shitty premise and even people who enjoy this type of NTR-trash think the ending is garbage. It's rated lower than other comphet stories because it's horribly written. Get over it, there will be future stories about lesbians getting cucked that you can enjoy and hopefully will be better written.

It's finally over.
Due to the premise and the way of the storytelling (that included way too many time jumps by the way) it was quite predictable, to be honest. Even worse, I think pretty much everyone who reads the first chapter knows exactly where this 'journey' is going, lol.
This story obviously lacks a happy ending because for a happy ending, a certain husband would have needed to be a bad guy, for example. But he wasn't.
At the end, there's a freshly divorced man out there who just realized that his ex-wife never loved him even a tiny little bit and he might even lose his daughter too because the girl has nightmares about mommy leaving so he had to drive her to his ex-wife and her lover in the middle of the night.
But even the core messages of this story don't really come across well because they're hardly presented in a way that sounds convincing to me. Well, whatever.
Reading some comments here, I'm afraid I have to say that those who criticize this story tend to have more actual points than those who defend it. Just my opinion, though.

Am I suppose to understand this random reference? I can only assume it's an NTR series, if so, this is peak cuck behavior.
What's NTR? One time I was reading a series and I didn't even need to translate it cause it was clear what was happening. Would that be NTR because there's No Translation Required?

Also I'm not sure why you're so interested in chickens but the sound they make is "cluck", dummy. Lol

It's finally over.
Due to the premise and the way of the storytelling (that included way too many time jumps by the way) it was quite predictable, to be honest. Even worse, I think pretty much everyone who reads the first chapter knows exactly where this 'journey' is going, lol.
This story obviously lacks a happy ending because for a happy ending, a certain husband would have needed to be a bad guy, for example. But he wasn't.
At the end, there's a freshly divorced man out there who just realized that his ex-wife never loved him even a tiny little bit and he might even lose his daughter too because the girl has nightmares about mommy leaving so he had to drive her to his ex-wife and her lover in the middle of the night.
But even the core messages of this story don't really come across well because they're hardly presented in a way that sounds convincing to me. Well, whatever.
Reading some comments here, I'm afraid I have to say that those who criticize this story tend to have more actual points than those who defend it. Just my opinion, though.
Idk, nuance and subtext are incredibly strong here. The husband not being a jackass lends weight to the point that even through great love there are real life consequences. It's great that it doesn't shy away from them but shows that the love that people think is weird can exist even through the adversity.

Idk, nuance and subtext are incredibly strong here. The husband not being a jackass lends weight to the point that even through great love there are real life consequences. It's great that it doesn't shy away from them but shows that the love that people think is weird can exist even through the adversity.
Nuance and subtext aren't everything, though, and they also need a proper foundation to work. That aside, it doesn't change how predictable the story is right from the start or how unnecessary that makes many if not all time jumps as a result. It would've been better to tell the story in a more straight forward manner since the end result was more or less in sight the whole time anyway, aside from a few details.
It also doesn't change how badly many points get across
sometimes because of who makes the points which doesn't make it sound convincing or because the story ultimately doesn't actually achieve anything.
I mean, in the end our dear main couple kinda ends up like Bai Mumu's moms back then, two women with a kid, which makes the story kinda pointless since the new generation ended up just like the last one.
The main difference is that times really have changed so that it ended up slightly better this time, of which the ex husband not being an asshole is one example for, or Wanwan's mom wanting to understand too.
The thing is that the times changing isn't the protagonists' or their friends' achievement regardless of how much they struggled and here's the thing. In this story, everyone, both good and bad guys and side characters, are actually supposed to represent all of society on their own, which is a heavy weight put on everyone's shoulder.
But that's both unrealistic and not made clear specifically, which, for example, leads to the important problem of CannibalShinobi actually having a very good point with the seemingly lacking societal pressure he mentioned in his last comment/reply despite the rather foul language he used.
The consequence is that not only some developments don't make sense as a result, even the premise this whole story is built upon gets severely undermined due to how questionable it is. It is a worldbuilding problem, I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread