Wandering Witch: The Journey of Elaina - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - The Country of Flowers

Fed-Kun's army
this witch is an idiot. it's obvious that something is up and anyone with some investigative skill would pin on that to find out whats up. instead she left and now she, "仕方がない"?she fucked up, she had a chance to turn the situation to more beneficial one even if it was a bad ending at-least it wouldn't have been worse. i hope she grows a brain and learn to be more decisive and quick-witted later on. i really hate ditzy girls.

Reading the novel now and honestly it feels like book handled this story better. In the book it's obvious the girl is already half flower the moment she meets her. She also meets another person going to the garden already in the magical flower's power. So this thing is going to keep killing and there is nothing she can do about it. She's not a superhero, she's just a traveler.

Next episode of the anime is this... Those who think this show is a comfy series are in for a shock!

Dex-chan lover
Coming from anime-only watcher, this part came as a shock.

@kanaloa You've been watching too many Shonen animes. The point of this anime is to depict a traveler, not some problem solver that attempts to aid everyone she comes across. If you've watched any other travelling anime such as Kino no Tabi, you'd realize the journey theme revolves around world building; that's what makes it special. If you're expecting the MC to try to help others in every place she visits, you're better off reading One Piece or Hero Academina.

Double-page supporter
Dear Lord, how many people accuse the girl for being an idiot... ironic.
The garden has been there for long time, has been a well-known thing for long time, and there are hundreds of witches stronger than our protag in the world. If nobody is asking the witch to do something about it, other witches likely failed.

If it's still there after all that, it means that these gardens aren't so easy to take care of. If they were, they'd been gone long ago. But they are still there, so the only thing you can do is accept they are going to stay there for a long time.

And unless she is an utter fool, she won't randomly try to burn them. She is immune to the flower field's charms, but that doesn't mean that it's harmless to her. There's no saying what these plants could do if they felt endangered, both to her and others. Unlike what Shounen stories like to tell you, attacking something like a fool is usually a death sentence, not the magical solution to all problems. And inexperienced youths especially should not try to solve problems like these.

@00nowhereman um no. not everyone needs to play hero. she literally said she is a traveller and just wants to explore stuff. plus i dont think she couldve mangaed to do anything bout the garden since the magic was wayy to strong

Thats fked up.... well, its not like shes an OP protagonist that can fix everything she encounters...

Group Leader
that escalated quickly. one moment was Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou, and the next full on Pet Shop of Horrors

@sastra you mean she DID NOTHING cause the clues are all there but she kept quiet till she found the interest to go back to check by the next day, bitch is like 'damn a poisonous flower field!', 'oh there is this girl still staying there!', 'well who cares I can come back tomorrow to check if she is still alive'
she doesn't have a reason to help them out but acting so slow and clueless for plot convenience is so freakin dumb and here I was wondering what's with the hype for this series, turn out just retarded writing

Fed-Kun's army
This was better portrayed here than in the anime.
This is really a sight to behold

Dex-chan lover
People jumping on Elaina but Kino gets a full ass pass even though she heads into fucked-up-istan 9 times out of 10 and doesn't really change anything either despite being usually in the position to anyways.

I'm sure nothing could possibly go wrong with, for example, burning a gigantic field of poisonous, malevolent, sentient flowers, right?

@chikikuto
please rephrase your argument in a more orderly manner. it have too many contradiction to actualy understand what you're trying to say.

I...have mixed feelings. I love Kino's journey (both the old and new version), so this type of thing feels very familiar. It's got that same feeling of a traveler going into a place where people are used to the messed up elements of their culture and don't want to change. The traveler comes into each country, observes the strangeness, and then leaves, usually without passing judgement. They avoid conflict as much as they can.

I don't think it's Elaina's job to fix it. Nobody asked her for help or assistance. They're set in their ways, and if anything is going to change, it will be the choice of the country's citizens. Everybody in the surrounding area knows what's going on here, and they haven't stepped in to do a thing about it. Now, if she decided to live there it would be a different story, but everybody's making their own choices and living (or dying) with them. She isn't a a superhero or a savior, just a person with power that nobody asked for help.

Users who are viewing this thread