War's Unwomanly Face - Vol. 2 Ch. 10

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for another chapter! I don’t know how complicated the text became after the translation into Japanese and what language is your first, but I am pleasantly impressed by your pace.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks again for another great chapter, @maru-chan. A toast to the dead indeed...

Dex-chan lover
Great chapter. I wonder how much losses were for the scouts and spies, the task is pretty crazy if you need to snuck in, take notes of stuff and go back out.

Dex-chan lover
Such a shame the girl who lost her legs fought hard for her country but was never rewarded or acknowledge due to her parents being political enemies to the state.

And the part where the cooks preparing food for the troops but the troops never came back hits me hard.

The story of the partisan girl hit the hardest.

I'm old enough to have met resistance fighters who came to our school to talk about the war (the goods and bads, it was no hero's tale), but here we hear about women sheltering or aiding partisans, not fighting with them.

Dex-chan lover
@F0nF0n Unfortunately, this was true for the Stalinist USSR. My great-grandfather was repressed due to the fact that his own sons worked for him, and therefore my grandfather could not get a higher education for a long time. There was even such a label "son of the enemy of the people" or "daughter of the enemy of the people."

Group Leader
Thank you for this chapter, Comrade Maru-chan.

You know, for a second there, I thought the older woman drinking with Svetlana and the two veterans was the heartbroken nurse from the last segment.

Double-page supporter
who the fuck

who the fuck wouldn't want a battle baptized woman

holy shit

these fucking cunts

Dex-chan lover
@Edixo
In the veterans' case, I guess they don't want to marry their fellow comrades because it would feel like they brought the war home with them. In other men's case, the bad rumors and the prejudice against women made them don't want to married female solders. This is more than 50 years ago and the Soviet Union is one of the first army to recruit women so people were still skeptical about women who went to war, thinking that they aren't good wives.

The nurse's VERY SHORT 5-pages unrequited love story is so sad it makes me cry a lot 😢😭 My manly tears came out of nowherre damn

Users who are viewing this thread