WataMote: No Matter How I Look at It, It's You Guys' Fault I'm Not Popular! - Vol. 16 Ch. 151 - Because I'm Not Popular, I'll Win

Fed-Kun's army
I am the kind of person that enjoys shipping and definitely ships Yuri and Tomoko, that being said though, I do think what's actually going on is what OniBarubary said.

Dex-chan lover
@Sceleris -

Tomoko is bi. She can enthusiastically play for both teams.

Yuri, I am almost certain, will end up being Tomoko's sister-in-law or something similar. Several striking times, since she bewildered herself by catching his sleeve when he came to pick something up in the classroom, she has passed Tomoki and a big flag went up on her face or she briefly looked looked back before, sometimes, nervously telling who she's with who the dark stranger is, taunting Hina with knowing his identity in the cafeteria, and most recently accidentally disclosing her knowledge of him to his vigilant sister. Tomoki doesn't have a clue, and neither does she. They're made for each other.

The sentence at the beginning of 151: "I like her but she's a mystery to me." Tomoko is fascinated with Yuri in a nervous sort of way and has been since they really began to be friends. Her attempts to be friendly resulted in inexplicable (from Tomoko's point of view) friction due to her not understanding that not addressing Yuri by name would hurt Yuri. She doesn't understand Yuri's occasional frustrated violence, and Yuri's mercurial emotional shifts puzzle her.

Uchi? I hope that she will come to grips with her sexuality and fall in love with a great woman in college.

Hina? She's wonderful, but she is going to turn out to be a sexual opportunist.

Asuka - DING DING DING. If anyone is lesbian in Watamote, it is Asuka. Some insanely lucky woman awaits her. I just can't understand denying Tomoko's galvanized, hyper responsive attraction to her. Tomoko would say "yes" before she knew her mouth was moving. And Asuka seems truly taken with Tomoko.

Dex-chan lover
T2mH2ad.png

Dex-chan lover
Hina really deserved it, this time. She's been needling and insulting people left and right.

@thofheinz

Out of Tomoko's friends I think the one to most likely date Tomoki would be Yoshida. Since she talks to him pretty friendly and she can crush the stalker alliance by herself.

Aggregator gang
I get Yuri's introvert and possesive personality. She wants to be super best buds with Tomoko and is not willing to share. Is quite like what Oni there said.

Also Hina seemly catches on those things fast and is quick to throw stingers to people. Is no surprise Yuri would hold a grudge or something like that agaisnt her to make her brag lol

Overall nice chapter. Is nice that Tomoko gets to spend time individually with friends, since group hang outs can be exhausting or just not the same for some people (like Yuri).

Dex-chan lover
Who would have thought when this all began that it would end up a complex and subtle web of platonic relationships and rivalry, and barely concealed sexual tension. Such a shame the anime only went as far as it did, because this transformation would be a joy onscreen.

Users who are viewing this thread