WataMote: No Matter How I Look at It, It's You Guys' Fault I'm Not Popular! - Vol. 16 Ch. 153 - Because I'm not Popular, I'll Participate in my 2nd S…

Dex-chan lover
Something about this arc feels kind of sad. Maybe the looming threat of the series ending?

Fed-Kun's army
@aiyikes Fuck, don't scare me like that

I know there's been a few short chapters before but it honestly feels like this one got cut off at the end.

Banned
I think the author trying to convey what kind of effect Tomoko have toward Komi

Fed-Kun's army
Might as well get a chapter with that other friend while we're at it, that one whose name I forgot that we haven't seen in ages because tomoko has regular friends now

Since I have been following the series since the beggining and having read the spin-off it is a downer to see Yu-chan and Koto being sidelined so much to the point of flanderization.

It truly is as the OVA said, SOL manga with yuri subtext is what sells to the larger audience.

Dex-chan lover
@Grahav -

It's easy to see Koto and Uchi as being caricatured to a point where it's really a problem, and I don't think it's a coincidence that breaking those caricatures has been the subject matter of this and the previous chapters. What is interesting is that the two characters are united in being the examples of romantic obsessive love focused on the Kuroki kids.

Yuu has not been flanderized. She has actually been complexly portrayed up through the present. In the entrance exam study session chapter, we find out that she is painfully aware how far Tomoko has gone forward past her, and she knows why. Yuu's apparent ease in dealing with society is limited to how well she has gotten along and how carefully she has fit her sexuality and unimpressive intelligence into it, and what she really wants is the intimacy with her friends she had in the misfit times. She can still hang out with Koto, but the chapter shows that as fundamentally decent a person Koto is, she's crazier than any of the rest. Tomoko needed Yuu as someone who lacked what Yuu had, and Yuu was open to that. Yuu needs Tomoko as someone who has what Yuu lacks, and Tomoko has not been there to catch the ball.

That's sad, but it's TRUE. People leaving behind friends for new friends from middle school through high school is the rule, not the exception. If they get to be friends again, it's because BOTH of their circumstances have changed to where they have use of each other's friendship again. Tomoko is probably only vaguely conscious of the fact that Yuu is trailing behind her; she was certainly not sensitive to Yuu's plight during the study session chapter.

My prediction is that Tomoko will be unable to join her new friends in college and will end up with...Yuu and Koto.

Isn't this an actual error, like only half the chapter was uploaded? It's half the normal pages, there's no ending or conclusion, or joke. The title of the chapter doesn't even make much sense.

Users who are viewing this thread