Watashi ga Koibito ni Nareru Wake Naijan, Muri Muri! (Muri Janakatta!?) - Ch. 59 - A Tale of Sena Ajisai Chapter 6 Part 1

Dex-chan lover
Aquarium date time!

Should just be 2-3 more chapters of LN 3, and then it's Kaho-chan's turn!!!! She's Fun.

Everyone calling this a war declaration really doesn't get Ajisai's character at all.
Even admitting her feelings exist was a Really Big step for her, being "selfish" enough to actually pursue those feelings is still a bit too much for Ajisai right now. Not without a little encouragement from a certain arrogant frenchwoman, at least.

even when Ajisai finally gets the courage to pursue her feelings, she and Mai still don't end up fighting over Renako. Rather, they end up fighting to get out of the way for the other to be with Renako. It'd be funny if it wasn't so sad. Being a good friend is more important to both of them than getting to be with Renako, even though they both deeply love her.

They don't realize it themselves cause they both love Renako more, but Mai and Ajisai are also extremely (and very obviously) in love with each other, too. It's adorable. Literally every single one-on-one scene they have together going forward is framed so romantically they themselves point it out. Repeatedly. They keep joking about it to diffuse the mood that inevitably builds up between them every time they're alone together, just so they don't have think too much about why that is. The "subtext" between them is basically just text, it's so thick you could cut it with a knife. If they weren't two "rival" heroines in a harem series, more people would be shipping them with each other than Renako.

and yes, this is a harem series. Poly end is happening. I've only read the first 4 novels myself, but as of the end of Vol 4 Renako is dating 2 of her 4 friends, will almost certainly be dating another by the end of the next Vol, and the last friend is definitely also in love with her so it's only a matter of time.
They all don't just love Renako, either. All the harem members have some subtextual, and sometimes outright textual feelings for at least one other harem member, which is something I really like about this series. It makes them all ending up together and being ok with that outcome way more believable. These girls feel like could naturally end up in an actual polyamorous relationship together, not just a wish fulfilment anime harem.
I love that they're all so messy and don't know how to ask anything for themselves which kind of feels very Japanese? And it's only through Renako finally being a bit selfishthat everyone, even Satsuki, can ask a little more of each other.

That said i love how subtle Kaho is in vol 4. Definitely a lot of yuri of missed opportunities. Imagine how different their relationships would be if they had just stuck together instead of separating during cram school.

Dex-chan lover
the steam bun translation didn't go much farther sadly and since they stopped translating, we might never see the end
Nah the official translation for vol 4 already released 2 weeks ago
And the manga still on adaptation of vol 3, perhaps still need 1-3 chaps before start to adapt the vol 4

Dex-chan lover
Meanwhile I'm not a fan of Renako, who easily takes advantage of others feelings for her, without caring about how the other person may feel <_<.. Mainly Mai in this case, just talking about someone you love with the person who loves you (knowingly) is questionable 🥲
The way she then goes and offers stuff like kisses and such aint helping her case (for me at least), considering she has no intention of recuperation her feelings..

Would honestly find it better, if Mai finds a girl that genuinely loves her
Ohh Renako actually loves her, she's just a freaking dumb character. She's just your usual dense protagonis who didn't realized that they already in love to certain character

Dex-chan lover
More like drama is over.
No, it's just the start for new drama between the them. But sadly, the highlight character for vol 4 is Kaho, so there will more Kaho and Renako's screentime rather than Renako and Ajisai/Mai, but well the plot between Kaho and Renako is to building the final stage to end their drama

Dex-chan lover
Meanwhile I'm not a fan of Renako, who easily takes advantage of others feelings for her, without caring about how the other person may feel <_<.. Mainly Mai in this case, just talking about someone you love with the person who loves you (knowingly) is questionable 🥲
The way she then goes and offers stuff like kisses and such aint helping her case (for me at least), considering she has no intention of recuperation her feelings..

Would honestly find it better, if Mai finds a girl that genuinely loves her
this seems extremely unfair to rena. mai may have figured out her feelings immediately, but rena certainly didn't and not understanding your own feelings and struggling with them and the feelings of others isn't actually taking advantage of anyone's feelings.

also, mai was frankly overjoyed for rena to reach out to her and talk about things with ajisai. mai wants to be relied on by rena more than anything.

plus, it's not like she talked with mai about being in love with ajisai, something rena is still unaware of. she was talking about ajisai being in love with her, but she wasn't aware that's what she was talking about and she absolutely tried to check on ajisai's feelings in that regard and ajisai didn't tell her, so whatever.

Dex-chan lover
LETS GOOOOOO
cr1tikal-penguinz0.gif

Aggregator gang
Wait, are we all supporting Ajisai here? I mean I didn't expected it to be this unbalanced, i was expecting something more like 60/40, but it seems like everybody is team Ajisai
Ajisai has been given far more internal character and empathetic traits than Mai has. Mai's still kind of a caricature of a spoiled rich girl with only like half the development needed to flesh her out into a real heroine so far, imo. Especially lately, since we've been hard focused on other girls instead of her for so long. At this point I'd bet even the poor girl with the dark hair who Renako played pubg with has more supporters than Mai does.
It also sure doesn't help that Mai's last big moments before we switched focus was 1) earning this series that "sexual violence" warning, and then 2) doing that extremely stupid hotel stunt where a bunch of random people were gathered to apply to get a chance to be with her.

Dex-chan lover
Mai is such a good friend to Sena. Where's that friend energy for Renako. I know she's in love with her but it would have gone a lot smoother if she would have given Renako more friendship days

Users who are viewing this thread