Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! - Vol. 20 Ch. 188.5 - Special Chapter

Power Uploader
@RichieJ I'm thinking she picked up on how that topic is suspiciously too kimoi for Sachi to have come up with herself.

Gyaru in the 2000-2015 Era

Now its kinda trendy in anime and Manga, but at the time gyaru were all over TV for being "interesting" but decidedly not attractive, had a dirty reputation at worst, weirdos at best. Yamamba literally styled themselves after ugly old maneating spirits lol.

And yet it was extremely popular so much so that elements of gyaru fashion are still prominent in Japanese culture today.

@tamarakko The standards of beauty vary from culture to culture. In America we love macho men like Dwayne Johnson and Hugh Jackman. But in Japan men that are more effeminate like Shouta Aoi are considered more attractive.

@tamarakko
I like macho types too, but if you look at celebrities it's all slim prince types. Maybe you'll get a skinny macho (hoso-macho) which girls will say "well that amount is okay “

But boys you know they see wrestlers and American movies and get the idea that they're cool irregardless of it not being the ideal or very popular cause they wanna meet their own ideal.

And yes theyre much more popular with gay Japanese men.

So much so that ignorant people might think you're gay just for having muscles

I recently read about this topic: Kawaii culture.
For the japanese men, kawaii style is a big turn-off apparently and girls do it exactly because of that in order to show they don't want nor need guys or adults opinions.

The topic kinda compared it to PUNK culture in the west.

Dex-chan lover
I find it that as a nation grows more and more wealthy, dirty / rough labour are less prevelant / visible, and thus that nations got used to NOT seeing muscular man and so does their ideal standard grows with it.

And so, when she mentions that kya kya part, it makes sense because we admire the amount of effort that they went to have that body, but doesn't automatically mean that they will be attractive because their ideal standard is still the same

Personally, I consider men with swimmer body to be attractive, and when it comes to girl, the same body type is nice too (albeit with less abs)

Dex-chan lover
That's plagiarism, I'm getting my lawyer.

lol didn't think creepy asshole girl would take interest in a conversation between Tomo and Yuri.

My anaconda don't want none unless you got buns hun, extremely thin models freak me out tbh it's very sad to see, and I'm not saying all of them of course I like thin sporty bodies but those that really are just bones with some skin on them.

THAT DAMN COPYCAT XD

But this chapter's just so Tomoko. Random thoughts with some perversion added.

Well, I'd say muscly girls are the equivalent. While it's true there's some extreme hype for them, I'd say that's a loud minority, with general opinion leaning towards somewhat toned, slender, or chubby. Because when I say muscle, I mean abs and definitions and all, even stretching to bodybuilder or crossfit levels. That's got quite a bit of hype over it, but you'd find the same sort of hype towards super macho men.

Also Yuri's reaction to the image of Macho Tomoko is too weak. Must've gotten tolerance to her weirdness or something.

Also aren't Barbie doll figures model slim?

@Serenata

Also showing some humanity to the "new" girl is nice, after all, they're all just adolescent girls

Easy to forget, yeah.

Macho Kuro doesn't exist, she can't hurt you
188.5:

Probably shouldn't look too deep into fanart.

@StrelokPlsVisitDoctor .... I mean true

@GoggledAnon Which one's Sachi again? Don't think she was the faceless girl.

@Dreamtiy YOU BASTAAAAAARD

I wonder if the panel they redrew was the one where they showed her eyes. But this does show how she has always been in the story but not on Tomoko's radar. It's like Tomoko has been having a bigger effect on a larger story that is just now getting introduced.

Dex-chan lover
I need some concrete examples. For example, is Brad Pitt in Fight Club considered slim macho? Then how swole is considered regular macho? Someone like Dwayne Johnson is probably way past the limit for being "regular" macho, maybe someone like Thor or Captain America in Infinity War?

Users who are viewing this thread