Watashi, Maou. Naze ka Yuusha ni Dekiaisarete imasu

I don't care if she's 200, 2000 or 20 000 years old, this "hero" needs to have [whatever the fantasy equivalent of FBI is] called on him...

She is hella cute tho. And I have a weakness for kuuderes.

Fed-Kun's army
This dude behaves like a creepy lolicon & kidnapper. Oh wait, he IS one.

The girl's cute btw. But dumb af.

I'm guessing this manga isn't meant to be taken seriously. There's so many holes in the characters' personalities and mindsets that they're all one-dimensional.

Like the hero is a kidnapper. Demon queen is a pushover and just accepts her abduction. Other hero agrees he'd also probably kidnap her. The hero's party members like the girls dislike the demon queen for having the hero's attention when she was the one that was kidnapped.

Serious manga would go more indepth about these things, but as readers we're just supposed to enjoy some kind of budding romance or whatnot between the two as it states in the summary. If anything the work's purpose is to be a lighthearted story about stockholm syndrome. I guess that would fly with some people though.

Oh wow, these comments are a lot more serious than I thought

Anyways, I tried to read the novel a couple times, but the manga has been much easier to read. Probably bc it's faster paced and feels even sillier??

Ahhhh it's so cute, light hearted and silly.. Why are people getting riled up over this..

Dex-chan lover
This is actually kind of scary...I guess it's not my cup of tea or I'm just not in the mood...to read about his kind of (scary) hero and this kind of (clueless) heroine X'D ?

It's unpleasant.. Even works that "aren't meant to be taken seriously" reveal certain things about the writers and artists involved in them..

Fed-Kun's army
Its actually impossible for a normal person to treat this as a normal romance comedy. Why? 2 reason on why this is so wrong.
1. The hero is basically an obsessive stalking kidnapper type.
2. The Demon Queen is basically suffering from Stockholm Syndrome.
3. This premise, if not considered a "comedy" is wrong on soooo many levels. Its like saying racism or rape is okay as long as its a joke. Not in the 21st century.
4. Its not really that funny. The hero comes off as incredibly annoying, and that each chapter I feel bad for the Demon Queen because she is basically being confined without consent, and the are saying its okay because he loves her. If you have read Mirai Nikki, then you know that doesn't work. This is the exact same thing.

But yeah. Its not really that funny either, so I can't really give it a pass on trying to portray someone's horrific circumstances as comedy.

The Demon King's Daughter Is Way Too Easy is almost the same type of romance, except its done better and funnier.

But if you like this and are fine with it like revenge rape series, harem sex parties, loli-pokemon series, then I guess you can ignore the premise of this series and find it entertaining.

@hedgemonkey
I mostly agree. I thought it was kinda cute the first few chapters, but it's gotten way past the creepy level. The Hero is scaring me with his attitude... which is weird.

i agree with @ crossfortune

"It's unpleasant.. Even works that "aren't meant to be taken seriously" reveal certain things about the writers and artists involved in them..."

Hmmmmm, I fluctuate between concern and wondering if this is just meant to be enjoyed as a silly story. The characters don't have much depth, and maybe that's on purpose, since it's not meant to be taken seriously?

The Demon Queen is 200 years old, but looks like a little girl, so the "doting" hero makes me uncomfortable. Plus, she doesn't want to be there. Though it's not like the captive scenario is uncommon in this genre....

Ultimately, I think I'm uncomfortable with the loli portion of this, so I won't continue reading it

i mean the manga is cute, but i got got uncomfortable when the hero man was on the bed on her doing the red riding hood thingy, and that's really weird.

Aggregator gang
Where are the other chapters? uwu
It's cute and wholesome.
Tho the hero is somewhat a lolicon, he's fine considering how he deeply cares for Cecilia

Users who are viewing this thread