Watashi no Shiawase na Kekkon - Vol. 2 Ch. 8 - A Present for Danna-sama

Dex-chan lover
"I'm the only one who can protect her."

Hah! Not only is he not the only one who can protect her, he actually can't protect her, and never did.

Thank you for the updates! and lmao yeah do not worry at all about cleaning any slide with kaya in it she doesn't deserve such nice treatment

@Ljall how would they possibly trick him though? they've been next-door neighbours all their lives, Miyo's "dad"(more like sperm donor) had a specific plan for both his daughters, and he doesnt have to subdue to the other guy's demands .Don't get me wrong that other guy (the son who was her friend ) could've done so much more to help her but I don't get what you mean by trick

Mate, you had chancessss(×1000 s) to protect her, but you didn't. And you are claiming your position as her protector? Wtf.

@Ljall I think it's because they want the trash to be the next family mistress (the head's wife) and not Miyo who doesn't have power. That's why the 2nd son will marry into her family and will be the next head.

The other family that wanted Miyo's (potential) powers probably won't let her stay in her $hitty family but don't have a seat for her in their own family. They will probably marry their oldest son to some girl who has powers.

Later they will got their destruction after kidnaping miyo

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Thanks for the chapters!

And ooofff for running into Kaya while completely alone. I hope the good luck charm has some magical protection that activates off of her malicious intent.
Considering Kyoka's powers, it would probably set her ablaze...

"I'm the only one who can protect her"

Urm...I do try not to judge characters too early but, I've got a bad feeling about this guy . ( this also makes me kinda mad) since at the start of volume 1 dude didin't help her at all.
I think he made it sorta worse So who is exactly only able to protect who..hmmm?
Dude, you could've helped her but you didn't, so what's with that possessiveness? I wonder if he's one of those all talk no action characters.

I knew she was gonna meet that witch girl , Yurie-san why did you leave her alone like that. I know Yurie is old and all but isin't she a bit too lackluster for an attendent....as someone else pointed out she could've gotten kidnapped . Anyway, I hope the charm ml gave will help Miyo.

Miyo's starting to come out of her shell!! I'm so happy. I bet Kyoka (the ML) will blush like crazy when receiving the present. I was kinda worried that Kyoka would suspect Miyo of tempering with his heart because of her mother's family's special abilities, but seems like he won't since he's read in reports and such that she has none at all. Which I doubt is true, considering the type of story this is, though it would be pretty cool if she was just a normal (albeit very beautiful) girl.

That cliffhanger ending though... Kaya really is a witch. Everytime she turns up she has a diabolic smug smile on her face. Disgusting. Bad vibes for from Kouji (the childhood friend) too. You can't protect her, man. That train has left the station. I think he's built up this fantasy of him marrying Miyo and them automatically having a happily ever after life. Which kinda makes sense given that his home situation seems.. not good? Obviously not as bad as Miyo's, but what we've seen doesn't hint at a happy home (that dad has a temper, to start with), and his personality/behaviour really does strike me as very similar to Miyo's in that they're both playing roles in order to survive. So marriage to Miyo = getting out, saving best friend, and marrying cute girl he has a crush on. Win win win. It's just a fantasy though, and I hope he lets her go when (eventually) it becomes clear Miyo is perfectly fine with marrying Kyoka.

Loving this story btw, thank you for translating :)

@loonila205 thank you for explaining it, but both families are not thinking it through. Because genetically speaking there are high chance of her offspring having powers. Which is why that family wants her, how they are going to incoprate her into the family I don’t know. Maybe as a mistress which means she will still be treated like crap.

@mabou he could have easily used a large sum of money to marry and convince her father or at least eloped together. Living a honest poor life is better than living this hellish life. But I guess she wasn’t that worth it for him to leave his noble statu.

I just cant comprehend how can he watch her be hurt all these years and not do anything. To make matters worse he was the only light in her life and then he just stabs her in the back and lower her self esteem even more. Even if he was planning to do something his plan is WAY overdue, and stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread