Watashi no Shounen - Vol. 7 Ch. 29 - Return

fitting chapter considering its been 12 months since last translation came out haha

Fed-Kun's army
Mashuu is a good kid. I hope he can work out his feelings for Satoko because I want them to always be friends.

Thank you for the translation! I loved this series, I wish the official volumes would release faster though

Aggregator gang
I can't vouch for the accuracy but everything flowed perfectly and nothing felt out of place. Great first attempt!

Thanks for picking it up. But can I ask what was the piece that he wrote on the last page? It seems relevant.

Thank you so much for picking this up. This is a hard one to translate without the furigana. I think you did a great job.

Thank you for picking it up. Please continue, you have my full support! My favorite manga, and was depressing not seeing any more scanlations for so long.

Group Leader
@Cantsearchwithtachiyomi Done. Not that you were very kindly asking about it...

@GuitarLegend This manga is actually way above my league in terms of difficulty to translate! I did my best for exactly that reason. It's been a year without anyone picking it up, lol

@ricebao I'm happy to bring Mashuu back, if only a little :) It was one of my very first mangas I've read as well, so I was super stumped when I realized its translation was cut short. Fast-foward a few months and I'm attempting to take this colossal task (for me it is)!

@dudsuper8 You're right, I hadn't thought of that, lol. Putting my nose so close to the metal, I got shortsighted and missed so many details of the bigger picture, lol

@starlightcitypro Yeah I like how the characters in here are much more "realistic" in the sense that they overall don't induce drama just for the sake of drama. The 6th volume is supposed to go out in like a week or so. Strangely enough, Google Books shows the preview when you Google it, but it says "pre-order", but then you realize Google's system already has it all, lol

@Rhyrhygogo I'll do my best! I've been eyeing the next chapter and it's got lots of those handwritten kanjis and those are my kryptonite at the moment, as I can't find them back in the actual character set. OCR can't do shit with them!

@tickub Like I said in my intro (which I've put in the first page this time, as a kind of disclaimer, lol) I feel I've got it right maybe about 75% of its content. Happy I managed to make the flow right though, thanks!

@MangoEater My best guess is it's what we've been shown in between the scenes where he is pondering over it. If someone could help me out with translation, I'd gladly edit it in my release and update it!

@iamrangerbob The thing that kills me the most are the handwritten kanjis floating above characters' heads! I don't know how to track them into actual characters. But you're right, compared to Musume no Tomodachi, this one's like 10 levels more difficult!

@HalberdStopCrashing While I have the same clues as everyone as to why it's been dropped, I was very disappointed that it was dropped as well!

And thank you everyone, I'm happy it's appreciated! I'm checking out the next chapter at the moment, to see how I can approach it!

Group Leader
@princess_daphie trust mee I am not better hahaha I barely manage sen Wa, Boku wo Egaku and By Spring XD but hope you continue to translate this! If you need help with any of the editings I'd be more than happy to help if that gives you more time to translate :p

I blame this butchery on shitty -perpetually a year behind Japanese volume releases- publishers and the widespread of the misguided notion that translation is a good way to learn languages. Hope you don't actually believe you're doing the manga any favors.

@princess_daphie I made an account here pretty much just to comment that I literally started and binged this series yesterday so imagine my surprise when I saw a newly posted chapter right as I finished reading the Chinese raws haha (they’re up to 39 right now I think?). If you ever need help translating (I can double check with the Chinese translations for ambiguous parts) or maybe redrawing I’m happy to help out!

@princess_daphie If you need any help with the series I'd be interested in giving it a try. I have some translation experience. I really wanted to translate this series, but I knew it would be a big task to do alone.

Group Leader
@Hated4TellingTheTruth your username checks out!

but you do realize that I put a note as the very first page to inform you that I'm not confident in my translation, but that I'm sharing nonetheless! but yea, I did it exactly because I waited for so long. to me, the process of translating is about the minimum I have to do to read it and enjoy it myself, so I prefer to share.

Users who are viewing this thread