Watashi no Shounen - Vol. 7 Ch. 32 - Parent and Child

Wow Satoko's parents are really horrible parents. Right after taking the side of someone who assaulted her daughter, she went on to blame everything on Satoko. Toxic masculine society at its best lol.

Dex-chan lover
This is what I absolutely hate about Japanese culture, the fact that speaking up to your parents is a giant f no-no. It is frustrating beyond all belief, especially to consume entertainment with it included since one cannot do anything about it.

You are one shit mother who cannot even listen to your child to understand what happened, making sure you know all the facts before going haywire. Also, her sister is equally as shit here for again, not listening to her sister.

I really love this chapter. Motoki is kinda a horrible parent, and I love how they introduce his return with "ah, there's water on the floor, must be dad." And yet, you can tell he's a guy who does care about his kids. I think my favourite thing about this Manga is that there are no bad people, just people with major flaws who mean well but struggle to do things right.

That said, I still hate Satoko's mom lol. She's the worst.

i loooove this manga so much
thank you sooo much for translating !! 🙏❤❤❤❤💕

Double-page supporter
Daphie and Nakain are god-sent. THANK YOU!!!
I really feel for Satoko, I'd want to run away too if I had parents like that. Hope Mashu's dad redeems himself, Mashu's trying to hard

Aggregator gang
My parents, or father in particular really likes to throw this around a lot. If I make a mistake I'm my mother's child. If I achieve something then I'm my father's child. WTF? I know its not 100% the same thing, but I got the same old familiar feeling from it.

And yes, if a third party and I were involved in some mess my parents would automatically blame me even if its not my fault. As Satoko and her Sister concluded, leaving the house is probably the best option. I wish I could, but then it would mean living paycheck to paycheck. Its like picking the worst of two evils. Besides I'm not even employed anymore (thanks covid19).

I think going against Asian parents in general is a big no-no. Like I'm sorry for not being a normal individual who couldn't become society's (your) puppet to do your bidding. This reminds me of the Visual Novel Hatsukoi 1/1 where Maya route's original ending was kinda influenced by this line of thought (your parents are right). Actually come to think of it, I've not come across a manga/VN where a daughter/son groomed into a career/passion breaks out of it to do something else.

I too am super hyped for chapter 33 going by the raws.

Contributor
This chapter triggered me 😀.

I enjoyed the portrayal of the situations. It was relatably exhausting.

Double-page supporter
What is with these stories and every MC not talking about anything and keeping everything inside and then whining about how nobody understands them? Well of course they won't understand or leave you alone, if you don't fucking tell them you dumbass! You're an adult, grow a fucking backbone!

Fed-Kun's army
Just because you are old enough to get married and pregnant doesn't mean one has to. It is just toxic mentality to conform to society's idea to do something because it's around the time to do so not because one wants to do so.

Motoki is not a great parent but he isn't some horrible one either. He is just too apathetic.

Aggregator gang
Thanks for the translation @princess_daphie

Satoko needs to cancel both of her parents and only keep in contact with Mayu. Her mom is a shitty, awful person (go back to the chapter titled "Hole" for details) and frankly she should have walked out and went the hell home once she started that bullshit at the table.

Now I think understand why Satoko wanted to help Mashuu at the start of the story. It all comes back to your parents for everyone, after all.

Isn't it fun when your parent only considerate to other ppl except for you 😐. Hey, that's love 🤪

Users who are viewing this thread