Watashi no Shounen - Vol. 7 Ch. 33 - Splinter

I really like the imagery in this chapter. Really gives us a good look into Satoko and her issues. One of my favourite chapters so far.

In case you're wondering, a ticket to Sendai from Tokyo is about 115 dollars US, and the trip is almost two hours. Mashuu is a little psycho (and I love it).

I'm aware that there are some varying opinions about the plentiful controversies in this manga. Feel free to post your opinions, but let's all try to avoid the @ wars. Thanks for reading!

man, I had already read this chapter raw before, but I'm still crying all over again.

How often does the manga usually update? Because I remember this not being updated for like a year before this one burst.

Fed-Kun's army
Wow been awhile since I last read this. That mother though... It's not Satoko's responsibility to fix or even try and help that woman. She's miserable to be around so it in any wonder her sister and father left her, no one wants to be around a miserable pos like that. I hope she gets some closure on that.

I love this one - it’s sooo different from what I usually read.
Part of me wants to be romance but part of me is resigned to no romance lol
Regardless, thanks for updating

Pps: IM READY FOR ROMANCE OR NOT SPOILERS T.T I just wanna know to let my ship sail or nottttttt

@gingervitis The previous group dropped it, so it wasn't translated for over a year. The raws are up to ch 39, and 40 will be out soon. We'll do our best to catch up ASAP.

Dex-chan lover
Her mom's backstory when? So far seems like the mom or at least her previous behaviour is the designated bad guy. I cant remember if we got the mom's backstory already, from mom's pov. Inb4 when they arrived in tokyo, its late and they gonna go sleep in a love hotel.Hahah.

Oh my God thank you so much. A very wholesome chapter thank you thank you. You are a blessing!

Fed-Kun's army
The way Mashu and Satoko are drawn in reverse ages is a really nice touch and shows how Satoko was caught up by the roles that society assigns us.

AND THAT PANEL, WOW.
The artist is amazing at drawing beautiful boys (or is he considered a man in that panel?)

Dex-chan lover
Whatever you want to say about this manga and its plot, you gotta admit that the way the artist did the imagery of being an adult and yet a child at the same time was amazing.

Goddamnit, I just want the two to be happy together, no matter what that means.

Double-page supporter
@Delishangel

If there is romance, there won't be any between the MC(Mashuu) and FMC(Satoko). The author confirmed so in an interview.

I don't really care about the mom's backstory or "why she's like that". Honestly I think the most realistic part of this manga is that some people are just bad parents even if unintentional. They may not hate their kids and be cartoonishly evil or physically abusive,but they are self centered and overtly traditional minded. Some people are just miserable and manipulative like that and I really appreciate how Satoko has decided to get away from her. There doesn't need to be a "deep down she loves her daughter so she will apologize" arc when realistically, she will never see the error of her ways. Just screw the whole "family is family so they'll fix things eventually" when that lady is so stuck in her ways and toxic, that even if she somehow gains a conscious and apologizes,she's done nothing but damage to her daughter. There's a parallel between her mom and Mashuu's dad,that being them both were neglectful of their kids and never listened to them. The difference is, Mashuu's dad is more open-minded and does genuinely want what's best for his son(even if wrong, he's not trying to do what he personally wants. Example: he was in no position to have Mashuu play soccer freely but he still let him try it on a condition rather than forbid him completely.) and when in "danger", tried to protect him even if it was in a wrong way. While Satoko's mom is more close minded and does what *she* sees best for her daughter, and when Satoko was in "danger",her mother looks at her last and blames her. In the last chapter, Mashuu could talk with his father whereas Satoko could not talk with her mother. While both were bad parents,Mashuu deems his dad as not a bad guy who he can forgive and have a good relationship with. Satoko does not feel the same and has every right to distance herself from her mother.

Thanks for the translation! excited to see what`s happening in the latest chapters!

Users who are viewing this thread