Watashi no Shounen - Vol. 7 Ch. 33 - Splinter

Dex-chan lover
You know, in that 2018 interview the author never said that they wouldn't end up together in some capacity. They had some harsh views on age gap romance (even though promotional material for this manga promotes it as one, see the end of vol4), but at the same time the author did explicitely say that they wouldn't like Satoko and Mashuu go their seperate ways, and the ensing wouldn't be realistic.

the rampant human misery simulator continues
how dafuk are they going to get what they want outside of straight up eloping

Dex-chan lover
Satoko' mother is a annoying person, no wonder she feels sufocated being close to her.

This chapter is particularly amazing. I feel conflicted about shipping Satoko and Mashuu (seeing their age gap and all), but I fully support their relationship for now. It's like they are made to mend each other. Thank you for bringing this chapter to us!

Group Leader
I'm really happy you all seem to have had a good time reading this last chapter (and volume actually)! An we were also happy to be bringing it out after so long without anyone to translate it! We know English version volume 7 will be coming out eventually, but it'll be a while before it happens, and even longer for volume 8, so we'll keep working on it!

I personally feel like Mashuu and Satoko's relationship is starting to make sense and like so many of you agree on, it's like they're made to mend each other's heart and soul! No need to make it anymore complicated than that if you ask me :) Can't wait to see&tell more!

It was such a nice mirror to see how they both are reflected in each others eyes

Dex-chan lover
This is fiction. Anything goes. Even if it's supposed to have realistic themes, it's still fiction. Would I support a romantic relationship between a 15 year old and a 33 year old in real life? HELL NO. At the very most I would call the cops, and at the very least I'd wash my hands, sever all ties with the people involved, and feign ignorance down the road. But, since this is fiction, and since I like love stories with forbidden themes like age-gaps, incest, etc. (except same-sex romance), I'm seriously hoping for a romantic development between Mashuu and Satoko. Will it happen? I'm leaning towards no because of what the author said, but I'm still hopeful, and if not, well at least Mashuu finds a maternal figure in Satoko.

mashuu is really a nice person i don't care about age gap thing anymore i'll gladly take him with me ha jk☆
thank you guys for translating this wonderful manga ฅ(๑*▽*๑)ฅ!!

Double-page supporter
@iamrangerbob You are misinformed: Hot Chocolate Scans has not dropped this series. Hot Chocolate Scans' typesetter for this series, last I heard, was waylaid by personal and health problems, which at this point I am certain have been aggravated by the Corona Virus. This is the principle reason why there have been no new releases for this series by Hot Chocolate Scans in slightly over a year. It has also not helped that Hot Chocolate Scans have other projects that keep them occupied, such as Beastars. Though recently Hot Chocolate Scans themselves were waylaid by Corona Virus-related personal problems and fell behind on their Beastars schedule, until a couple weeks ago when they did a large backlog upload of chapters. I hope to presume they do the same thing for Watashi no Shounen as well soon.

Fed-Kun's army
*sniff* Damn i don't care. For now I just want the characters to be happy together.

Thanks for translating!

@dplbatodex

I see. I joined the hot chocolate scans discord server a good 8 months ago and couldn't find any information there either, and the project wasn't listed. I assumed it was dropped. I've translated a few chapters ahead as well, so we will continue to post our translations, but they may post theirs as well. Thanks for the heads up.

Thank you for the amazing chapter!

I always thought that it got dropped since the mangaartist said there wasn't going to be any Age-gap romance. But I also read that Mashuu going to stay as a kid. so unless the story stops when he turns 18 (hopefully not#)

Aggregator gang
Waaaa those switches between adult / child forms were really uncomfortable to look at somehow. But I'm glad they were able to talk about Satoko's problems.

Thanks for translating this wonderful manga.

Dex-chan lover
I think its amazing how the mangaka is able to switch their adult and younger forms. We are an "adult" in many ways yet can be a "child" in other ways. This is just me but I hope at the end has Mashuu when he's an adult have him able to be with Satoko. The mangaka does want Mashuu to grow up and learn things about himself which I agree. As much as I don't care for any type of age-gap romance (fiction wise); I think that its wise to have Mashuu start learning until he is legally the age of an adult.

Users who are viewing this thread