Watashi no Shounen - Vol. 7 Ch. 33 - Splinter

Thank you for the chapter Nakain and Daphie!!!

wow my heart....grown up Mashuu comforting young Satoko ༼;´༎ຶ _ ༎ຶ༽ who's cutting onions

Although the age gap makes it questionable and I also don't see them being together in the future, they bring so much good into each other's lives and it's so bittersweet to watch.

I love how the author put their emotional developments' front and center in this chapter. Yes, Satoko may be older, and she is more mature in terms of many things— general life experience, work, etc. But what Mashuu has experienced has accelerated his maturity in terms of understanding human relationships, and you can definitely learn lessons from anybody, regardless of age.

The paneling in this chapter was masterpiece level.
This is the type of delivery you would see in a last chapter of a manga.

I love how the other shows the image of Satoko's younger self and Mashuu was there to be for that self. THIS CHAPTER IS SO BEAUTIFUL 😭😭😭❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Dex-chan lover
this might be my favorite chapter so far
all the pent up childhood feelings were just bursting here
the frequent switch back to her teen self, the interchanging dynamic between them, the mutual understanding
so beautiful
10/10

I love the chapter's name and the "splinter" metaphor here too; when she was able to let those pent up feelings out, it was like removing a splinter from your finger
a splinter is not a major wound, but you're always conscious of it, always on the front of your mind, and it doesn't go away or heal on its own - you have to take care of it, clean it, and then it'll actually start healing

The age regression and progression to really convey the weight behind their words and the mood was phenomenal, great chapter.

Users who are viewing this thread