Watashi no Shounen - Vol. 8 Ch. 36 - Memories

Remember that guy who was insisting for 20 chapters straight that the ex-boyfriend was acting rationally? lol he better eat his words now.

What Shiikawa did was petty and immature but do not denounce him as a character without fully understanding his reasoning. I will preface that I do not think his reasoning justify his actions. But I can understand his disdain for Satoko, as her relationship with the boy is something that he wanted. Not necessarily a 1:1, but a relationship where both partners are equally involved and loved. Other than this instance of immaturity we have nothing else that pushed the assumption of him being a bad guy, and the flashbacks briefly show that he is a caring person. If not shown in there talk.

Just as how Satoko was a victim of Shiikawa, Shiikawa was a victim of Satoko. An eye for an eye and although as I stated his actions arent justified. At the end of the day all he wanted was his relationship with Satoko to work. Over all hes a good guy so I do empathize with the character. I mean you could say that both of them suffered from the others immaturity.

Dex-chan lover
I mean i'm glad he's moving on towards becoming a better person now but, seriously, fuck that guy

@iamrangerbob Shiikawa mentioned mashuu's dad had been upset at the transference and complained about when drunk, so that brief flash of him drunk saying "Do something about it" was after the transference and to mean he was asking Shiikawa to try to stop the transference, not him complaining about her, so there was not even a situation to take advantage of, he did it all himself. No seriously fuck him tho

@kehito I interpret it the way I do because he said "he probably felt like his role as a Father was being stolen" which sounds to me like he was complaining about Satoko. And "she's your employee, do something about it" sounds like a complaint towards satoko as well. So I don't think my interpretation is wrong.

Also in a later chapter, Mashuu's dad says she was transferred because of what he did. If all he did was tell them not to transfer her, he wouldn't have blamed himself for it.

Dex-chan lover
@egsy you're getting warmer, the main theme of this manga is "expectations" after all: adults are expected to "act like adults", kids to act like kids, women, men, sexuality, social image, maturity, etc. etc.
everything we do has certain expectations tacked on to it, expectations borne from ideals and selfishness and egocentricity
it's frankly tiring

I don't get how the hell she can work there but i guess that's Japanese culture. You work at one company your entire life.. yea fuck that shit.

Users who are viewing this thread