Watashi no Shounen - Vol. 9 Ch. 39 - Happy Ending

Yay 🥺💕Thank you sooo much for all your hard work 🥺🙏🏻🙏🏻💛💛💛💛💛 looking forward to the next chapter 🥰✨

Aggregator gang
I was always under the impression that there was a hint of motherhood involved in Satoko and Mashuu's bond and this chapter confirmed it.

It's hard to label their relationship. Is it romantic? No. Which is good because that would be a serious problem. Is it mother/son? Not completely. What are they to each other is not easy to define, but i do know that they love each other.

Thanks for the translation

Dex-chan lover
You really don't see these kinds of relationships in stories much, huh. It's hard to say it's "romantic" but it's definitely not "platonic." They are two people who would have an unbreakable bond with each other no matter what kind of relationship they had with each other.

I realized that I been singed out for the past few chapters. So I write it all out now,

Thank you both @princess_daphie , @iamrangerbob

Hope your arms/hand get better.

Can't believe we already caught up with the Raw.

What was this title, I heart dropped thinking it was finished. God dammit, This story just so good. Hopefully it has a fullfilling ending where they both can be happy together.

@zerothegreat121 When I first started reading, it was translated up to chapter 13, which is called "The end." It's the one where Satoko gets sent away. I thought it was the last chapter so I stopped reading for awhile lol

And thanks for pointing out the dog, @DPLBatoDex
1500x500
Takano Hitomi's dog :)

Seeing how they are both awkward with their respective families, I would not be surprised if they become "family" by the end of the series. I am loving their relationship development. I think the author is trying to tell us that their feelings are catching up with one another. The question is whether their platonic feeling with turn romantic. (In my point of view Mashuu is still crushing on her than loving her like a partner).

I started reading it like 2-3 months ago.

Im just happy that I picked it up when i did.

Dam this Cruel Title names haha.

Double-page supporter
Yes! Stay in this dynamic and I hope it never turns romantic. Like ever. It'd be so cringe now that Mashuu up and said she felt 'like a mother' to him

Thanks so much for the update! I hope you get your hand looked at Daphie. Seriously you should.

Group Leader
@scarlet_summer funny how the word of "mouth" runs after a while, it's my translating partner @iamrangerbob that has to take care of her hands/arm! and she takes a deserved break now that we caught up!

i must admit though that i broke 2 mice and had to alternate between different shapes of mice as well to also avoid having hand pain, as i tend to do when using it too much! cleaning, redrawing, typesetting, it's a lot of work!

but as always, to you and everyone else who's enjoying this series, i'm very happy to have contributed to bringing this amazing story up to speed 😇 and thank you all for the nice comments!

Double-page supporter
@scarlet_summer
It's already romantic, at least on his end. She asked if he saw her as a mother he said not exactly and specified that "her hand felt like a mother's hand and he wanted to keep holding it forever" while blushing. He said that was "back then," and then asked her to imagine what it would be like if they were high school students together, then imagined himself blushing because she looked at him.

This is only gonna end one of two ways: either they both like each other, but she can't accept it and they go their separate ways, or they get together. There is a 0% chance this will end with them as true platonic friends. There is too much underlying tension for that to be stable. He's clearly interested in her romantically and is only holding back because of her. She has some feelings she is repressing because it feels morally wrong. I don't think his feelings will waver from love and admiration, the only changes I foresee will be on her end.

If they do remain "just friends" it will be because of moral guilt, with both of them suppressing their feelings. Not saying this is for the best, but I'm quite confident this is how it will go just based on stuff I've read in the past. Authors like drama and big emotions.

Double-page supporter
@Turkeyjerkey
I guess you could call it that way on mashuu's end but with his 'I see her as a human being' I say it's still not clearly labeled as romantic. They're still at the same dynamic now coz they both try not to put 'labels' on their relationship which I hope they resolve soon.

@scarlet_summer thanks :) unfortunately my job is hard on the wrists so it's a constant battle to take care of them.

Btw you @ ed me in "seduce the villains father" but I'm guessing you were trying to @ someone else

Users who are viewing this thread