Watashi no Shounen - Vol. 9 Ch. 39 - Happy Ending

Double-page supporter
@scarlet_summer
True enough. I guess my experience has just been colored by works I've read in the past. It's completely possible this may actually go in that direction. I just didn't want you to get too disappointed if they don't end up platonic.

Oh my god, my heart—

This sort of love that both Satoko and Mashuu have, kind of reminds me of the movie, "I Want To Eat Your Pancreas" 🤔

I wish to see more mangas/animes that are like Watashi no Shounen...

Ogata, where you at tho!? haha

Double-page supporter
@iamrangerbob
Btw you @ ed me in "seduce the villains father" but I'm guessing you were trying to @ someone else

Omg I'm such a scatterbrain lol
Sorry for that T.T
Yeah I can understand the struggle with your arm perpetuated by your work. If it helps do try getting short 10-min breaks in between hours to lessen the burden

Thank you Nakain and Daphie for bringing this beautiful story to us ❤︎❤︎ please have a good, well-deserved rest~! Hope your hands and wrists heal quickly.

Ryouichi not so ichi any more is he now HmMMMMmm he's playing games all the time and instead their dad is hard on Mashuu? Isn't Mashuu even in an advanced school? The hypocrisy. No thanks ✋

"Then just what is a parent supposed to do?"
oh idk, maybe be present in his life and give him the basic respect he deserves, gee just a thought

The theme was so cute it made me cry. Whatever you think of the relationship between them, there's no doubt it's filled with a kind of tenderness and warmth that makes your heart ache.

Maybe they're using each other without realizing it. Trying to fill some emptiness in their heart.

Group Leader
thanks for your comments @firelordzuzu, i always appreciate reading your thoughts! i laughed with you laughing at "Are you a JPEG?" lol and this time around, yep, that would be the right answer, i agree. a parent's job is to guide, not to restrict for no reason!

@starch12313 maybe... but then, they are helping each other out in the end, which i find beautiful!

Group Leader
@princess_daphie @iamrangerbob props to you both. The manga's come a long way in the past few years and you two have singlehandedly (depending on the state of @iamrangerbobs hands) brought it up to speed.

@starch12313 That was the theme of Chapter 21 actually, back when wingsis Mayu was still in the story (https://mangadex.org/chapter/473380/1). Maybe it's worth a reread to see if the progression in their relationship has recontextualized the situation.

@turkeyjerkey Back in the interview ("chapter" 28.5) 高野先生 mentioned not intending to write this as an age gap romance. Barring any unilateral timeskip a la NagiAsu (which did its own number on my heart, and I don't even remember half of it), they might not have a romantic ending.

Though given the discussion just had in the previous chapter about putting strict labels on relationships, and sensei's insistence in the same interview about not seeing the two for their chronological age, maybe it'll turn out it was just a semantics thing the whole time and they do end up together.

I'm indifferent about it either way. I simply like that they're coming to terms with their own feelings of loneliness and, better yet, are able to find closure. Some people can go their whole lives carrying their demons with them, and I like the steps Satoko is taking to face them.

Group Leader
@red_bean_casserole I'm really happy to have been able to bring it up to speed with @iamrangerbob. I probably would still be excruciatingly translating a few chapters back if I didn't get her help! we worked really fast together!

as for the story... I'm really hoping the author's message really was a play on semantics and/or that she's changed her mind haha! I'm hoping to see them stay together in some form of relationship or another. they may be ace too for all we know!

Thank you so much for the chapter!!
I really enjoy this theme the manga has been going for that life is not just one thing or the other, and that things can be complicated and both right and wrong at the sime time depending on where you're looking at it from.

I actually squealed when I saw Mashuu's little imagination thing on page 25 or whatever. This manga in general is just so great. I plan on collecting everything related to this manga. I even have some of the physical volumes. I say thankya, sai, for translating this. I feel so grateful that you and this other person have translated these chapters. I don't mind waiting for the next release tbh. I'm just glad to have found this manga.

Once again, thanks for translating these chapters

Long days and pleasant nights, sai.

Dex-chan lover
It was so cute and mashuu just eased her worries and my mommy issues are definitely flaring like crazy but i don't care can't this just be the manga now happy them together no angst please

Thank you two so much for catching us up, this manga means do much to me i can't even and next chapter tomorrow i'm gonna explooooooooode

Group Leader
@Macarena @El_Ka-Mai @Kehito I'm really happy to read that so many people, like you three, were waiting or have been charmed by this manga. It's the reason why we're working on it.

@zerothegreat121 I know right. It's so painful once we learn that this was all for one man's whim of jealousy. It's f'king unfair!

Next chapter is just around the corner guys 😊

Fed-Kun's army
"No matter which movie you apply it to... It would still be our story."
Gosh, this chapter washed away all the complicated feelings from last chapter.

Mashuu is just such a brightly shining pure existence in himself, and their relationship is more innocent than any relationship I've ever had tbh

Users who are viewing this thread