Watashi no Shounen - Vol. 9 Ch. 42 - Me

Group Leader
Their relationship is so beautiful. It doesn’t need to be romantic or have a label, they just love each other very deeply and it’s so heartwarming to see.

Fed-Kun's army
This is such a beautiful chapter, it doesn't have to be just romantic love, familial love or whatever you call it, it's just that pure goodwill of wanting the other person to be just as happy as you are by being with them.

Thank you so so so much for updating!
This isn’t what I typically read but it’s stuck with me and I just adore their relationship and their growth ❤️
Excited for the ending!

BXP

Like I commented on another site: This is so beautiful and I'm already crying. Indeed, I'm always emotional with this manga. Their bond is so deep, I can't see them having this kind of attachment with someone else... It's unique. I love them.
And it still hurts me to remeber Satoko saying she tried love, but it isn't for her. She is fragile and strong at the same time, I understand her... Now, she just wants to protect this precious Mashuu. I would prefer them to end up together, they are so wonderful, but I understand why the author won't finish this way: this isn't the conventional age gap romance, this is almost poetry.

Dex-chan lover
Yes! I'm so glad to see this return. Cheers Daphne & Nakain. Here's hoping a happy ending is on the horizon.

"I really love who I am when I'm reflected in your eyes"

As romantic as that sounds, I want someone to explain this to me because it's TOO ABSTRACT FOR ME AND I DO NOT GET IT PLS HELP

@Berryhunter bro 😳 maybe 😳😳😳😳

Fed-Kun's army
I'm not ready for the ending, but at the same time I feel like Ive been waiting forever. Thank you for scanlating. I will definitely be buying physical copies.

Fed-Kun's army
What Satoko said about how she loves how she looks when reflected in Mashuu's eyes was beautiful.

This is a wonderful series, and the bond between these two cannot simply be boxed in terms of romance or otherwise. They just love each other as people.

Thanks for the translation.

Group Leader
I'm really happy to read all the reactions to this chapter. it's indeed very loaded, emotionally. once it's all translated and done after next chapter, I will definitely read the whole thing from the start!!!

@ilaya we've talked a good deal about this specific line and the couple pages around of it and we're confused too. on the one hand it kinda sounds cocky from Satoko's part to say this, like I like myself so keep looking at me, but from the feels surrounding this declaration, it's clear that it means she wants to be in his life, simply. now it's probably left unclear and to the interpretation on purpose by the mangaka. they definitely don't want to define the relationship clearly.

What a bittersweet chapter!!! I'm half glad their relationship will keep on going, and half disappointed they can't be honest with each other. Although, of course, I appreciate the realism in this, I have loved seeing their struggles throughout this manga and whatever the end I know I will feel conflicted!
Thank you so much for the update!!

Double-page supporter
Every chapter is really drawn in such a delicate poetic manner... im not ready for this to end. Its not even the possible romance, its the relationship between an individual named Satoko and an individual named Mashuu that im really gonna miss

@princess_daphie i've interpreted that statement as: satoko likes who she is when she's with mashuu. i'm not entirely sure if she had a negative self-image before meeting him but, i feel like she thinks she's a better person when she's with him. i don't really think she meant "she likes how mashuu physically sees her." does that make sense? not sure!!

anyway, the two of them just like being with each other, and that's all there is to it!! it can really be that simple and i like that.

Users who are viewing this thread