Watashi no Shounen - Vol. 9 Ch. 43 - Life goes on...

And that’s the end. Thanks for reading, guys. I’m satisfied with the ending, honestly. The chapter was a little anticlimactic, but I think that’s the point. They’re just together, in the mundane everyday life. Wish they had actually been together for the last chapter though. Half of that was just random people talking.

I’m sad it’s over. Almost all the manga’s I’m reading are ending or ended in the last two months, so I’d love new suggestions on similar things. I’ve never found a manga like WnS before, so if you have plz share. A few suggestions from me

https://mangadex.org/title/38075/a-boy-s-scar This is the most similar-vibed manga I’ve found. Not a romance. Raws just ended for this one too :(

https://mangadex.org/title/32726/sensei-wa-koi-o-oshierarenai Age gap romance comedy. Not too similar in terms of the themes, but it’s fun I guess.

https://mangadex.org/title/2233/natsume-yuujinchou This one is not even remotely similar in plot, but it’s another manga I like that has themes of loneliness and slow character growth. I used to translate this one too so I’m biased. Has a good anime (6 seasons) if you prefer that.

Aggregator gang
This screams "editor didn't let me have that age gap romance, so I just ended it here."

Double-page supporter
I liked this but this ending seemed too forced lol but thanks for translating it!

Group Leader
I'd like to thank everyone who's worked on this beautiful story and brought it to us. The final chapter felt kind of underwhelming, but seeing the two of them being happy together was enough for me. This manga was amazing for exploring many different emotions people can have, and I'm glad that it didnot turn out to be the weird age-gap romance people thought it would be at first. It tells the story of something deeper than love, and bless Takano for creating this beautiful piece of work. It never felt "cheap". The characters and the story was really realistic. I could feel that this wasn't written for pandering, but was written by a real human to tell a human story.

I wish this got an anime adaptation with a nice soundtrack, but as the manga ended, I'd say it's not much possible now? I hope they at least have Takano release an artbook or something, I want to have something to remember WnS by.

Also I must say iamrangerbob's Natsume recommendation is spot on! Both WnS and Natsume gives you same the same fuzzy and warm feelings inside.

@ Marchimarch The author has said In an interview that their editor wanted the age gap romance but the author refused to comply. (Ch 28.5).

Anyways I really liked this story but wished that the final chapter would have had them together, oh well.

@princess_daphie Thank you for picking up this series at chapter 29 and seeing it through the end. It has been an enjoyable read and I was only able to read this thanks to you and the previous translators

To all the translators and translation teams that worked on this series, thank you very much for sharing this with us. I appreciate you guys.

Dex-chan lover
Why were they separated? Any answers would be appreciated! 🙌 Also, sorry for the dumb question. 😔

These ending are always a huge letdown, both as in being anticlimactic, and in feeling empty, like there should be more to it or a follow-up. I feel like they really do drag down the entire story, even if they're just the cap on an otherwise good one. Just the fact that at the bottom of the stack is disappointment really puts a damper on the enjoyment, especially for a return reading

Users who are viewing this thread