Watashi no Shounen - Vol. 9 Ch. 43 - Life goes on...

Whenever one of my favorite series ends, a piece of my heart dies,but the end could be better

Fed-Kun's army
@SleepyAbra oh wow reading that interview it makes sense that this series was never going to have a romantic ending. oh well. i dont feel so bad with this ending even though It would have been nice if they ended up together when he was an adult. but author doesnt like age gap romance i guess.

LETS FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Although I would have loved to see a more romantic ending, this really clicks with the way the author steered the story, whether Mashuu and Satoko end up together in the future remains a mistery, but they will surely keep each other in their minds and hearts. I could see how people could see this as a letdown, but both of them got through all their dificulties and are now standing in more of an equal ground than ever before. They have each other.

Thank you so much for translating this!! Loved the story.

Dex-chan lover
@princess_daphie thanks for picking up and completing this manga!

Don’t you agree that it’s been an awful story where they clearly end as a couple, but only because she took advantage of him...and they even did lewd things? She’s such a pedophile and a degenerate... 😏🤣

/s aside, good job 🍻

Aggregator gang
Uhhhhh it ends? This is the end? Wow, i still looking forward to many more interaction tho :') thank you for the team who translate it till the end!

Thank you so much for the translations!! Quite disappointed that the ending wasn't more concrete in solidifying and exploring their relationship in a romantic sense, but the direction the series was heading in, the interview, and from previous chapters as example, it was likely that it would end on an anticlimactic, non resolving, open-ended note. Still regardless, this has been one of my favorite series for a long while and i'm highly appreciative of all the work that went into this. Will absolutely be looking forward to collecting the rest of the english volumes!

Dex-chan lover
maybe we expected some sort of climax, or a promise, or maybe a glimpse of the days beyond the pages, and when we got none of those we become disappointed
and i get that
i love the series too and wish it could go on for just a bit more; perhaps a timeskip to when he graduates and it ends with them at a cafe together as friends
we think we deserve closure but sometimes life just goes on without it, and so must we
and i guess sometimes just knowing that they're there, living and loving their life, is enough for us to carry on

Aggregator gang
@princess_daphie thank you so much for translating this.

I have the first few volumes so I look forward also to getting the complete set. This was a beautiful story from start to finish.

I will miss these characters 😢

The title of this chapter is つづく which means to continue. I personally don't think that their permanent confusing friends relationship would last long in real life. But this isn't the end of their story. It's just the end of what we get to see. It fits with where the author was intending to take the story. No, it wasn't axed.

A little inconclusive and perhaps disappointing, but their relationship isn't some climactic moment. It's a thing to will continue on in the mundane. I actually kind of appreciate it, though I definitely would have been happier with a romantic ending. But the thing that has impressed me about this manga the whole time is that it doesn't just do what I want. It feels more real that way.

Dex-chan lover
Ended just like real life; we never get to know the extent of people's relationships all around us. As a story, it's disappointing. But as a story approaching a taboo relationship dynamic in real life, it's okay. Just okay.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, ending was alright. Not gonna lie, I wanted something a little less ambiguous, but I suppose this kind of ending fits.

Dex-chan lover
After a few really powerful chapters before this, this one feels a little flat. It’s beautiful but just feels okay. Either way though, this has been a really wonderful manga and thanks so much for translating/sharing it here!

Users who are viewing this thread