Watashi no Shounen - Vol. 9 Ch. 43 - Life goes on...

Aggregator gang
Lol the child's face on p15 (well the whole chapter felt a bit sloppy... )

Thanks for finishing the series!

No I hate this ending, this sloppy mutual feelings but safer in the friendzone ending... should have dropped it when the author got afraid and went the moralfag direction.

Man we saw more of the random crowd than we did the main characters this chapter :(
I never expected a couple ending but it would have been nice to see more of a conclusion.
Still I really loved this manga

Group Leader
@AfterMidnightMoon yep, that's what the author says: コーラ and コカコーラ 😀

Thanks a lot everyone for the appreciation. I've been really happy to work on this manga and it's one of the best in my book. Waiting until I can finally have it all in physical form, lol! Sorry I couldn't take the time to quote everyone, but I've read all the comments so far!

A little note:
I've re-uploaded the chapter with two little bonuses. First page without any text, and there were 2 dual page spreads at the end that I joined together, giving an even more awe-inspiring finale!

The ending makes me feel empty . i dont like it when mangakas do this because i prefer solid endings.
But i understand that its her work and she does what she does. i was planning to buy all vols this Christmas but i guess i don't need to. The story up before the ending was pretty good.

thank you tls for the hard work.

People really out here outing themselves for wanting an actual romantic relationship between 34 YO woman and a 15 YO boy.

Ultimately, it was a story between two people helping each other through their own personal problems and trauma while navigating the social intricacies of an age gap. Romance shouldn't come into because *spoiler warning* it's a crime. The relationship wasn't going to end, but the manga would so I'm not really sure what people were expecting, aside from maybe an explicit "mother/son" declaration, which would have run counter to the ultimate point of the story.

Relationships can be complicated and sometimes they can't be properly defined in a simple statement or category. This manga explores those complexities and it does it well. Anyone sad that it didn't end with an illegal relationship between a literal child and adult should probably consider not actively rooting for pedophilia.

Huge cop out of an ending but at least he didn't end up with his classmate. Good authour but shitty ending. Time to go back to daughter's friend.

Double-page supporter
Seeing the ending tag made me hold my breath while reading it. I didn't hate the ending but it did make me feel empty. Art is beautiful.
At least its nice to know that they'll continue to be a part of each other's lives, and whatever happens in the future, happens

Group Leader
@fewer this one's also ending soon though, the author tweeted about it. although this week's chapter's gonna be quite something, lol

Group Leader
@fewer 😇 the only positive thing about this manga and MnT finishing is that I'll have more time to take on other projects 🤣 always a happy moment in my day when i get appreciation messages! 🙂

Bruh it feels like it didn't wrap anything lol

But meh, at least overall was pretty good imo

@princess_daphie thx so much for the translation i picked this manga 6 days ago since i had nothing else to read and i saw you uplodaed the final chapter, i must say reading this manga was all worth loved every moment of this manga except the endig wich left me feeling kind of empty inside, but the fact that it can make me feel this way talks about how good it is, also every time i read the comentarys in every chapter i found that we had similar opinione about mashu and satoko relationship wich i found funny seeing how most people were very stern on the fact that they never wanted mashu and satoko to be together just because of the age diference and some other people saying that she was grooming him.

anyways it was a great experience reading this manga tyvm (sorry if u can't understand parts of what i wrote english isnt my first language and i am not used to write in english)

Thank you so much for the translations.. might not have been the ending I preferred either, but oh well... life goes on.. uwu. Great concept in general though.

Users who are viewing this thread