Watashi no Shounen

BXP

@acvong well, it's difficult to find something as good and poetical as Watashi no Shounen, but the first one that came on mind was 'Hana no Namae'. You will also find deep relashionships and a good psychological setting on 'Our Happy Hours', 'Mars', 'I sold my life for ten thousand yen per year', 'Sodom no Hana ni Kiraboshi', 'Coelacanth', 'Haru no Noroi' and 'Hakoniwa no Soleil'. They all are complete here on mangadex.

It still havent sink in that this manga is already completed, I still remember the first time I read this manga and only few chapters was uploaded and waited every month to update and it took 3 years for the translation to be completed, I feel like a mother who came to see her child wed off lol. Thank you translators and the author for this wonderful manga now I feel empty again :')

This was a very emotionally intelligent manga. The ending was what I expected and I would have loved for this to have gone on for longer, but the author was very genuine about how she intended to end things. All in all it was a heartwarming series about lost people finding themselves in each other.

Dex-chan lover
Surprising ,this managed to be even better than "Koi wa Ameagari/After the Rain", amazing character study.

@Vogh what are you confused about exactly?

the manga did a pretty good job closing off their story and how much Mashuu has grown. Yeah, the story is about both of them. But Mashuu was just a smoll boy at the start. if you got any question ask away

Group Leader
@calmbreez
there are hints of possible romantic feelings all across the story, it comes up in the interactions in some occasions, but what the author said in their interview (chapter 28.5 here has it), they've kept their word. it's not a romantic story, but it's about every other possible love there can be between two people.

Damn~ I just can't help love this one, I thought I will only getting a wholesome story instead of pain with wholesome on it lol

Fed-Kun's army
@princess_daphie I can respect the authors choice. But I’m good on all diff kinds of love lol.

@Tatherwood I’m a little embarrassed if you saw me spam the same thing on lot of these romance mangas asking if the romance is good or not lmaooo but I think I’m helping other people who wants to know too while I stack my list up XD.

Dex-chan lover
@calmbreez Oh, no no XD
I meant that I'm the say way. And that "how's the romance? I require spoilers" was like straight outta your soul XD

I'm the same. I arrive at a Romance and wonder "...what's the ending? Happy ending? Or "they went their separate ways and never saw each other again, but never forgot those blissful days" bullshit 'realistic' ending?". So I try to find someone to gimme a slight spoiler before deciding whether to read or not.

Like here.

The two things I disliked about Watashi no Shounen is how there is something lacking about the other supporting characters (maybe the backstories could have been longer or given more depth), especially that of the MC's parents and his female friend, Ogata, and how the latter part or the ending of the plot seemed rush. I believe the author could have executed it better but it's possible that the author considered doing the ending in a unique way that connects, ties, and ends everything in only 2 chapters or less with the use of symbolism.

Otherwise, I love everything about the manga, especially the art style, the way the author told the story and the backstories (symbolisms were everywhere lol), how things were given resolution, the progression (like seeing everyone grow up and what happened to Ogata, which really affected me) and how the author ended the manga in a way that lets the readers imagine in their own way Satoko's and Mashuu's afterstory.

Watashi no Shounen was definitely not cliche and I really love how there were no excessively ecchi scenes or fanservice, unlike most manga that revolves around the concept of "forbidden love".

Anyway, Watashi no Shounen deserves more attention and I'll try my best to promote it. I'm just so happy that I finally was able to finish Watashi no Shounen. Watashi no Shounen will definitely be in the top 10 of my manga favorites and I'll be wishing this gets an anime adaptation someday.

Anyway, Watashi no Shounen deserves more attention and I'll try my best to promote it. I'm just so happy that I finally was able to finish Watashi no Shounen. Watashi no Shounen will definitely be in the top 10 of my manga favorites and I'll be wishing this gets an anime adaptation someday.

Fed-Kun's army
wonder why the romance tag is still on there
seeing as there is no romance in this, and the author herself said it wasn't a romantic story
love can exist outside romance, e.g. familial love, love/care for people/friends close to you and so on

Users who are viewing this thread