Watashi no Shounen

@voidox don't expect others to follow your own path of "righteousness." People love what they love, no matter how absurd you think it is.

Fed-Kun's army
@creolur lul, there's a reason we have literal laws (age of consent, statutory rape, so on) and morals/ethics against relationships involving adults and underage children/student and teachers. There's a reason adult x underage relationships are not common in fictional media, even in manga it's very niche.

Hell, even some of the people who do read these types of manga can admit it's a taboo topic for a reason. Read what you want sure, but don't cry when ppl call out the issues of what you are reading

so ya, it's not just me thinking it's absurd, maybe go outside for a change and stop living in manga world if you actually think that "it's just me who thinks its absurd"... like wat? -_-

Awww the final chapter came out today.
Lovely and uplifting but yeah deffs felt like a bonus epilogue to the penultimate chapter which was more of an actual “resolution” aka summation of their relationship.

Satoko likes the her that is reflected in Mashuu’s eyes the most. “So please, keep on looking at me”.

Thank you for this brilliant series.

Guys, I'm pretty convinced that they're asexual and the relationship has been pretty plantonic. And I have no problem with that. Happy waiting for the final chapters :))

One of the most well written and mature mangas ive read in a long time. Hoping it ends well and sticks the landing!

Idk I can understand why people think this is strange, but ultimately I like the way that they went from mentors, to close friends. I think it’s because society finds it strange for people of different ages to be “friends,” if it’s not in some professional setting, like colleagues or something.

That said, reading this, knowing it’s fiction, I just don’t feel gross about it?

Also there are plenty of lolicon manga so idk why people are getting upset now lol.

Also I could see them getting together years on. Like in the way that a 20 yr old with a 30 yr old is strange, a 50 yr old with a 60 yr old doesn’t seem weird. The difference really comes from life experience. A 20 yr old and 30 yr old are in vastly different points in their life, whereas that gap is significantly smaller with a 50 yr old and 60 yr old. If that makes any sense.

Either way, I think knowing it’s not real has me at ease, and I just want to see these two characters be happy because the story is touching.

I don't think this going to have a nice ending, it'll probably end just like this chapter, both of them happy talking about random stuff or about a future

but in reality, he wants to have her as a woman, nothing could be worse than see the person you love on your side and know that you won't have her. If they dont end together it'll be very bittersweet at most

What I get is they both treasure each other but realized that for it's going to be awkward for any sexual relationship because of the actual problem of age difference so they're not talking about it, at least for now 😌 And at least that's the part of the canon that I need to know

Since this mangas ending soon, does anyone have any other recommendations for mangas that tackle and handle issues/matters in a sinilar fashion. Doesnt have to be an age gap romance either, just looking for a manga with this level of maturity/thought behind it.

I just saw the ending (RAW), and
I like it very much, although it may be non-climatic to some. It's actually quite poetic and simply emphasizes what you've already read and I think since this manga tries to tackle this in a 'realistic' manner, what the author did or tried to convey was good. It's their journey and from now on, and as their morning comes, they will continue to grow separately and yet very together- emotionally hand in hand walking towards the future. Not everything has to be defined as romance, friendship, or family. Sometimes, it can be that all at the same time. They want to be in each other's lives and continue to grow and experience life together, both as a permanent part of each other, and that's enough for them.

I knew the end was going to be bad, I just wasn't expecting that bad. I enjoyed the ride, but the aftertaste couldn't be worst. Even a bad ending would feel better than this.

Contributor
I feel like this manga’s strong point was the dynamic that the fl and ml had at the beginning, and then the mangaka sorta just followed the logical conclusion to what would happen between them and ended up with what we got. I don’t think I’d change it, but it isn’t all that satisfying. I’d still recommend giving it a read though.

well the ending isn’t too much of an ending but still got its message across I’d say, a great read and shoutouts to the translator fr

Users who are viewing this thread