Watashi no Shounen

Dex-chan lover
@princess_daphie I went on and...well, maybe too many twists XD even inside a single chapter there are two sometimes.
Also (I’m at chapter 32 now) :
- glad the bunnis were safe :3
- his ex is a giant idiot
- I was REALLY annoyed at the “passerbys that post something on the internet” trope, it made room for more developement but it’s too (ab)used to be real
- FMC’s mother is as heavy as it gets. Hope to change my mind later but until now it was always the “you have to marry!” parent and stop; even worse when she almost was more sorry for the ex that pushed the sister instead of ”attacking” him.

I love this, the author has obviously put in so much thought, effort and consideration in thinking how to develop their relationship which is taboo and out of place. love the way this is going so much, I think I would be happy with whatever form their relationship takes place in the end

I was so afraid this would pull a usagi drop on me but it didn’t, I didn’t feel uncomfortable or put off at all when reading this, I was able to understand their emotions, to understand why their love for each other is hard to give an actual name to. It’s something that’s a mix of romantic love, platonic love and mother-son love. but not exactly too. it’s their love, and I love how it is so far

one sentence that sums up their relationship really well,

‘I just want to be with you, I want you to be happy’

ok that’s two sentences but nevermind

Dex-chan lover
@princess_daphie Ok, finished reading

Chapter 35 is the best one. Glasses annoying idiot thinks that their discussion was “funny”, but it only highlighted more who is the child (in the mind) and who is the real adult.

While 36 is the worst. Glasses finally come out as a real “villain” there :/

Also...poor Ogata

Ewww.... this is like the manga version of Mary-Kay Letourneau. Vili Fualaau was 12 when they met and her excuse for starting up a relationship with him was that their feelings transcended their age gap, that he was EXTRA mature, etc...

You people who commented badly on this obviously don't read the comic. It deals with complex interpersonal relationships with great care and all the philosophy & grey issues in between. If you read the author's interview, it is clear they really thought hard on writing all these with research, and treating the story and characters with great care (unlike usagi drop)

Annoyance aside, amazing that this is author's early manga, as the technical skill is superb. A lot of quiet, individual characters reflective scenes where readers can draw conclusion along with the involved characters firmly without any words spoken. It is truly an amazing work.

I am glad to see work that closely explore and questions different type of bonds that are not friendship, family or romance (in typical sense).

I am looking forward for the ending (upcoming October).

Group Leader
@plaindot omgomgomgomg are you saying it's ending in October???!!! 😭 i have not been keeping track. and you're right, it's amazing, which is why we could not let it sit idly like it was!

@esmeralda9 it's not the ending, but as i just heard from the previous commenter, it might be soon and that's sad!

@emMeBi86 it's such a ride!!!

It is ending on issue 43 of Weekly Young Magazine, which comes out on October 26th. I read an article about it over at ANN and decided to read it.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-09-19/hitomi-takano-my-boy-manga-ends-in-october/.164231

Contributor
Ok sorta spoiler here but
it’s super satisfying watching their relationship develop from the soccer meets to them studying at the cafe.

Great read, would recommend. Ty to both the scanlating groups

So I assume with it ending, must be axed right?, next month, the chances of them getting together are slim correct?

Not caught up, don't mind spoilers though, so just curious. I hope they do.

@darudius

The way I see it, I don't think it was Axed. But We got 3 more chapters left. Right now in the story (depending on where you are) Mishuu is roughly 16 ish now. I believe the next chapter will cover the remaining arc of his father. And we get a timeskip again or something.

Hopefully we don't get a rushed ending. been waiting 6 months hehe, I feel bad for those who been waiting for longer.

@zerothegreat121

From what I've seen from the most recent raws
looks like they're maintaining their "just very good friends" kind of relationship but he's still looking at her with sparkly eyes like she's some kind of goddess.
The chances for another timeskip are possible but i doubt it. I dont see them ending together without it being incredibly rushed. Which is eh personally but Im not mad, more dissapointed. It's essentially a watered down Garden of Words that's too cowardly to commit to the logical conclusion.

I'll catch up as I've still enjoyed the journey but I cant say I'm not dissapointed.

I think i've seen Garden of words. I didn't really like it that much.

Lets just hope the ending would be good and wholesome. Or if Sakato will stick to what she said earlier chapters and stick with him.

even if we get a bad ending. If it makes me cry. I be happy XD

Users who are viewing this thread