Watashi no Tadashii Onii-chan

Group Leader
Hello from CCS! This is another project we have picked up. It seems really interesting and we have several staff who are fans of the mangaka. Releases will be less than 2 weeks in between chapter if things go as planned! There are 16 chapters total in 4 volumes.

Feel free to hop on our Discord to chat with the staff and other readers! We also post spoilers occasionally.
https://discord.gg/vdb9byu

beautiful art and the story seems interesting! thank you ccs for picking this up

Ok for clarification, correct me if Im wrong but is the brother with the eyepatch the stuffed animal and she is hallucinating him being there. Like an imaginary friend, mental illness or ghost or did I miss something establishing the brother as real.

Group Leader
@Eibhai A lot of people do that when they lose a loved one. Like talking to inanimate objects.

The brother WAS real before. We just don't know where he is now.

I would say this manga is a little hard to digest as i see so many contradictory things.
First she sees the ML as her brother then she develops feelings for him while still looking at him like her brother, gurl whaaat.
For the ML I have two theories, one: he's her brother and his mother that he was living with was abusive and while trying to defend himself she falls and starts bleeding and he runs away in fear to know later that she died which explains his regret.
The other theory is that he is a friend with her brother and one night the brother gets to an accident or maybe is kidnapped in front of him and he ran away and later knew that the brother is dead so he blames himself for that.

i love this! so interesting!! and the characters are so well drawn :3 thank you for translating this!

bruh I read the synopsis but I didn’t expect this. the character expressions get really intense so quickly what a ride. definitely interesting, will follow this

I really like the author and this is a great piece of work. I’m glad cotton candy scans are translating so many good mangas! The art is great, the way the story is told is interesting. I can kinda guess what’s up but not completely, so I’m almost always at the edge of my seat when i read this.

I know it will be like this if the one who write it is these siblings (Morie Satoshi or Ogawa Chise/Takagi Shigeyoshi) 😂

I love the way they tell the story especially in psychological genre. Dark, elegant, beautiful 💕

i will be waiting for next update, thank you so much cotton candy scans 😊

Owkay we established few things with the recent release. 1. Her brother was obviously physically abused (back scar and eye patch). 2. The ML is not her brother. It's getting darker and i'm here for it. 😅

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Poor Rize-chan. The scene with her mother was so sad and explained so much about her - she's far more vulnerable than shown at first, though her mental and emotional fragility has been hinted at enough that it tracks.

Anyway, the pacing of this manga is great - we come to empathize with these characters as their humanity is revealed in equal steps with the dark subject matter. I've been particularly caught by how all the little clues about the bond between Rize and her brother being rooted in trauma are shown in such a gentle way.

I imagine the takeaway of this manga will be that it is easier to build up a child than to repair an adult. These poor broken babies. 😔

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

I already suspected the info we were gonna get in ch. 4 and I bet some of y'all did too. I feel like the purpose of ch. 4 was less of that reveal but more of showing a bit of Rize's past which explains her current behavior and her attachment to her brother. Whatever the author's goal was in writing in ch. 4 I feel like they achieved it

Code:

Users who are viewing this thread