Watashitachi wa Koi wo Shiranai - Vol. 2 Ch. 17 - Is He...?

Double-page supporter
I'd say Japan seemingly doesn't know how basic illness but it's clear that this myth is all but a reality there, at least according to manga. Also don't like that stupid slapping the hand away trope.

Dex-chan lover
What's with slapping her hand away? It makes no sense! Jeez, this started out kind of cute & interesting, but it's devolving into a cliches-by-the-numbers checklist series.

Supporter
Eeehhhh you guys aren't exactly correct. While cold weather doesn't directly cause colds, it can dampen the immune system, and since the viruses that cause colds and flus tend to spread quicker in colder weather, being in the cold around other people can get you sick quicker.

Dex-chan lover
@Callidus Too bad that's not how it's portrayed in most manga. In manga it's enough that you go out in the cold without a coat for a short while and boom, you're sick. Or if you get soaked in the rain, even a bit, boom, you're sick. And you immediately get the symptoms the next day, even though a cold should take a few days to show properly.

Dex-chan lover
This makes perfect sense: Amano-san can't nurse Kouga-kun back to health if he doesn't drop unnaturally sick with a common manga trope.

Supporter
@Askorti
@givemersspls

Oh yeah, I definitely agree that it is unrealistic in manga and anime. Actually since this thread I've noticed it a lot more and yeah, it's annoying me now. Never really paid that much attention to it before. So thanks guys. Thanks a lot.

I thought when the sticker said "Are you ok onii-chan" it was his little sister, and assumed she had a phone. Then I see who sent it and am worried about his lack of common sense, or its just me being ovely socially akward.

Users who are viewing this thread