We Are Cats - Ch. 68

It's webcomic, why does it even get axed? Not like they have to compete for real-estate like paper magazine right?

Hopefully not because author got bored, or something happened to them...

Thanks to all scanlators for working on this till the end! I always looked forward to a new chapter of this chill, fluffy series. Now what to read... Anyone have any recommendations for something similar to this?

Thanks for all the translations. But this just ended so abruptly, the author should have shown the actual festival and then maybe a final scene where Mao and Hiyori remember their first time meeting and then they say they want to continue to stay together. A cliche ending but better than this non-ending.

Dex-chan lover
The true cats were the friends we made along the way.
Thanks for bringing this gem to us.

Dex-chan lover
Are we even sure it got "axed"? Maybe the author just moved on or something else got in the way. If this were a "traditional axing" you'd usually get enough of a run up to get some sort of "final chapter" that'll be rushed but still feel like some end. Not like this.

Dex-chan lover
Well, that was a surprise, but if this is really the end then... It was a fun ride. Thanks for showing everyone this one.

Got a friend of mine to translate the website a bit.

"It says that it is stopping/suspending publication on the authors request, but the wording is ambiguous, so it could just be a hiatus instead of total cancelation
It doesn't give any more specific reason except that it's on the authors behalf
Like the word can be used for "stopping of publication" but also in the context of "this newspaper is suspending the comic this week cuz the artist is sick"

Tho as the last date was 2016, guess we can consider it over now

How sad that this was just stopped. Reminds me of what happened to Nyan Koi. Really heartbreaking to see these great series' halted in this way.

Double-page supporter
@Patsuchi that looked like a single hiatus as 68 came out afterwards. The magazine had no comics at after, so I suspect a magazine decison. The artist has been drawing more items (especially about cats) and I linked to one earlier im the comments to a video/comic from Oct 2019.

Fed-Kun's army
Really sad this just ended. Probably one of the best manga about cat that i've ever read.
There's other manga about cat too, but i feel this one is the best at how it portrayed the cat's behaviors, without trying it to be too much and still maintain some realism on cat's daily life.

Dex-chan lover
What kind of ending is that? The cats weren't even in the last page!

Was still a fun little read for the morning. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread