We Shall Now Begin Ethics - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - Pathetic Person

Readers: "Friggin' hell, let's report it to the police! Let the scum rot in jail!"
Teach: "Let's meet again in the time of ethics." (All I care about is my classes)...

I find the main girl annoying. Hope it gets better. That poor girl, but how can she flip from suicidal to smiling so fast? Is rape such a taboo topic in Japan? How importance is "the purity" of a girl there? I am hoping there will be Japanese philosophy as well.

Aggregator gang
Huh. I feel like if this teacher was real, he'd use 4chan. Mostly /his/, /lit/, /r9k/, and /adv/. And he would've called the girl in this chapter "used goods" for sure.

As fcked up as it sounds, i assume majority of asian countries (including mine) take female virginity for her value, if they’re not virgin anymore: they’re tainted, devalued, dirty. Male are allowed to lose his virginity all his wants, but for female a good slap & harsh words

Why do rapists in manga get off so easily? They are almost never reported or face any kind of retribution.

@Omnicloudx13 Well from my understanding, it's because it reflects reality. In Japan, the laws against sexual harassment or rape are pretty bad and are often called outdated. So that's probably why they always get off easy in manga's.

Felt like the build up is limited by the publisher, not the author. Looks like this thing is only one chapter per arc. It runs like a shorter short story, conflict and resolution in one story. Yet the teacher, being a familiar character that is built up arc by arc.

@EV-8371_kk the word you are looking for is "episodic". Tho though provoking stuff fits with the episodic way than normal story like example: kino's journey and mushishi, it makes more variable and new stuff more accessible for the author to write.

@Anerkul Oh that's a new vocab for me thanks.

Also: It doesn't seem to be the one I describe.
Chapter three is both the non preset and present.

@EV-8371_kk maybe interconnected story or multiple perspective. I have seen them in episodic stories example kino's journey volume 5 chp 4 and 5 where both are about 2 different thing but connected tho they are in an arc
well reversed lile how chp 3 was with 1 in this manga
http://untuned-strings.blogspot.com/p/index-kino.html

Double-page supporter
Not even gonna bother giving it another chapter. This series is just a GTO clone that tries its best to look and sound smart, when in actuality it's dumb as fuck and doesn't know the first thing about ethics. Also seems to really like rape since it's a key feature of the first 2 chapters (both stories having no relation outside of the teacher). This series is a pseudo-intellectual dumpster fire.

Dex-chan lover
This feels really superficial ngl. Also I was kinda hoping for a Ethics Professor to say something more ... idk powerful ... after the girl said she was "dirty" after being forced.

It felt so superficial and the topic of rape was not developed seriously. It should have been take care of with deeper work instead of portraying a rape victim simply like that it's not realist at all.

Users who are viewing this thread