We Shall Now Begin Ethics - Vol. 1 Ch. 3 - The Ideal Teacher

Dex-chan lover
Good chapter.
How can you be in the wrong for smoking in the smoking area though? Where else are you supposed to smoke? The other person is the one who should just suck it up. Not sure where the bullied kid was wrong either. Shit talking your bullies is close to self-defense.
I think the point was to shift the focus from looking for wrongdoings to helping both sides.

Dex-chan lover
The real question of ethics: Does smoking make me look cool?

If you have a "reason" to smoke, you are edgy. If you smoke in the presence of non-smokers or in a public/crowded place, you are an asshole. You don't need to smoke, you really and truly don't.
The teach can be saved by talking to the other teacher (GASP! Adults communicating?!) and can be helped by weak-knees acting as a mediator. The differences in good and bad are ambiguous in certain situations because there are other factors at play, not solely because there exist multiple view-points. You can be a bad person doing good deeds, or a good person doing bad things, it is not rocket science. It is silly to consider because it is a waste of time. I am sorry for even typing this out for wasting your time. The world is not black and white, you do not need to be taught this nor preached to about it. We, as individuals, can observe that the teacher handling wiggle-mouth's bullying case can promptly shove it since they didn't want to deal with the problem until it was violent.
"If both the bully and bullied did something wrong, who should you help?"- Ah yes, of course, the most enlightened answer is to join the gang bang then "help" the victim so they don't feel the need to testify against you. "humans by nature are all virtuous"- except when they knowingly commit wrong.

Hide me in a garbage bin and cleanse me of my filth! For reading such garbage
Why knowingly committing wrong robs them from their good nature? They removed it from themselves? Are humans actually capable of going against nature? Garbage questions for your garbage comments.
I think it's a choice of accepting the lesson from this shitty teacher or rejecting it. Both are moral choices.

Dex-chan lover
Jesus Christ, this series is shallow as an earfuck but it tries so hard to sell itself as something deep and insightful.
Deep enough for discussion, deep enough for me. Your standards might be out of light entertainment such as most manga.

Dex-chan lover
Lmao at this manga.
The Teacher is just aggressively centrist.
The unintentional comedy of this manga's writing due to the author's own narrow portrayal of complex issues is the kind of irony only God can set up.
I love the expression "aggressively centrists". I shall now begin my extremist journey, as a centrist.
Jokes aside, I think that's part of the point. Not like you can properly confront complex issues in manga about a teacher observed by his students. You'd need an actual academic work for that, wouldn't you?

Dex-chan lover
Well good job on reporting that attempted rape to the teacher instead of just walking on

Dex-chan lover
There's no such deep philosophy regarding bullying really. In general bullies are cowards, that's why they stick in groups, so if you catch them alone and give them a good beating they eventually learn their place. Granted, sometimes you may have to repeat the procedure if they are slow learners. The only thing that this takes is not being a coward - you don't have to fight fair either, just get the job done.
the only reason a bully will leave you alone is because they target only people that can’t fight, but what the issue is here in case your brain ain’y rotten, was the idea of an teacher trying to help victims of bullying and the ethics teacher told him he also has to consider the bully cuz otherwise you fix NOTHING, and might became an bully to the bullyes as you pointed out the “supposed solution”

Users who are viewing this thread