We Shall Now Begin Ethics - Vol. 1 Ch. 5 - Sleepy at School

I think calling this ethics is generally too broad considering what they're studying is more about philosophy. But that's the thing in Asia countries, in Vietnam we studied Ethics but it's only about ethics for so long, then it became about philosophy, ideology and even bit of econs too

Power Uploader
@Oukishi I was thinking about that. Perhaps it has to do with how the Western concept was carried over to East Asia. The first kanji in rinri means "ethics, principles, duty, rules". It might have something to do with the fact that the Greek root ethos means "character, nature", but also "custom, usage". (https://logeion.uchicago.edu/%E1%BC%A6%CE%B8%CE%BF%CF%82)

Down to the bare bones, "ethics" might be understood as the knowledge of "how to live". Which may bring it very close to what is more broadly understood as Philosophy. The study of animal behaviour, Ethology, shares the exact same root. Ethics might be just human Ethology 🤣

(I am aware that is not how we define Ethics academically; I'm just saying that East Asian understanding of Western Ethics may conflate it with other areas of Philosophy. And in any case, this is just speculation.)

Aggregator gang
Really glad that this manga was more than just rape issues tm. While it feels preachy at times,the intent behind it is still good and handles things tastefully for the most part,definitely lookibg forward to more.

Thanks for the chapter translator~

Group Leader
pleasant chapter. interesting that he got into films and can have a connection with him mom too. this is one of the few characters in this manga that I would like to see more development from :3

Group Leader
This manga is really interesting...;
Please continue your amazing work!

Fed-Kun's army
I get that him and the rapist from Chapter 1 have different names, but the character models are almost exactly the same. https://imgur.com/eOU52a1

Users who are viewing this thread