We Shall Now Begin Ethics - Vol. 2 Ch. 6 - A Face I Want to See

Aggregator gang
What a fucking bitch, i hope the ethics teacher don't just forgives her without holding her accountable for all the horrible things she apparently done.

The lessons in each chapter are nice and all, but this school is really fucked up. Where are they living, Japan or downtown Detroit?

Dex-chan lover
@Chizan
Reminds me of that other teacher from that manga... what was it called... 1 nen A gumi. That one needs an update

Fed-Kun's army
@beegyoshi

Isn't that a common occurrence in society or school? It's not something happened openly in public, it was problem that many people have but they often only very few or even no one knew about the problem.
In this manga, we take our perspective into more personal and deeper. This is why "there's no smoke without a fire" every person behavior are related to their personal life. This one here the examples of it, why she have such a terrible personality.

Dex-chan lover
Strangely, of the persons presented in this so far the one I'd least be surprised to find out having psychopathic personality is Takayanagi himself. I don't mean it in a bad way as lacking certain degree of emotions and inhibitions he could still 'choose' to live/act perfectly normal. And it certainly would explain how he can respond so indifferently to provocations while at same time seeing past them. In a strange way it would explain the choice of occupation too...

That aside, I'm a bit surprised to find the author is a woman.

I think this chapter confirms that its main themes is that nobody is truly wrong/evil but all of us are partially victim and perpetrator.

Dex-chan lover
This is going uphill for me.
It shows how teach handles fellow teachers too.

Dex-chan lover
Soooo the ethics teacher doesn't bring up anything about the possible abuse of power involved in a mentor entering into a relationship with a pupil. Alrighty Japan, this is pretty standard for manga so whatever.

cgr

Dex-chan lover
@Kendama
I have no idea what the socrates quote means either. not only was that quote about 'men', not 'women', but what does a 'mirror' have to do with her situation? can anyone explain?

Users who are viewing this thread