We Shall Now Begin Ethics - Vol. 4 Ch. 19 - Two's Journey

Double-page supporter
This is just my feeling, it feels like the author will reveal Takayagi sensei's problem and the one who helped him will be his students...

Fed-Kun's army
As always, there are more people getting triggered over the idea of others being triggered than people actually being triggered. Sjws and anti-sjws are all the same, just two sides of the coin equally obsessed with being political and angry.

Contributor
Page 33 and 34 are duplicated, though some of the text boxes are different.

Dex-chan lover
"What does it matter how someone identifies?"

Doesn't matter at all until they want tax-payer funded treatments, start trying to get into pre-teen girls' locker rooms, compete in women's sports, insist that 'men' can become pregnant, and disrupt women-only spaces (along with the absolute nonsense of 'trans women are real women'.)

And don't get me started on the 'nonbinary' folks and drag queens.

The problem with kids these days is they can't tell the difference between gender, personality and sexual fetish.

Dex-chan lover
Man, I love the professor, way different than what I expected. He and sensei make a great duo.

But seriously, who the hell takes their student with them on a vacation to a hot spring? Where he had his honeymoon?? Getting some closeted conservative vibes from Professor Boomer.

@Kanami-chan
Sensei isn't really criticizing SJWs save for the ones who are denying sex differences. Regarding genders, he is more complaining over how complicated the world has become rather than the relevancy of today's gender issue.

@LysandersTreason

Why call out girls' locker rooms but not boys'? Who determines what gender and sex are outside of a biological context? Why is "womanhood" automatically tied to birth giving? Is that a concept that is absolutely necessary in society? If the concepts of previous and current society does not fit or work with the way society is trending, should we push back against the trends or allow society to change as it wishes?

@BlackwingYu

A rebuttal statement could be something like this:

"Why should I afford you all the room to swing your fist as you wish? If that's the case, I may end up restricting myself for fear of being harmed. So, is it possible that it's less like I'm pushing my face forward in direct opposition to your fist, but instead that I'm just going about as I wish without fear of your wanton disregard for my face?"

Nice chapter, pretty relevant topic and conversation in today’s society

did any of you read the chapter or did yall just find this as an excuse to spout whqt you believe without actually thinking about it
smh

Double-page supporter
@Windu32
When people bring up the bathroom or locker room argument, they also tend to not really bring up the fact that only 20% of all sexual assault happens from strangers and only 7% of juvenile sexual assaults happen from strangers. Additionally, 67% of sexual assaults happen within a home (Own or relative. I'm assuming friends are counted here).

@Bananimal I believe celebration is an entitled thing in Japan and could represent different meanings on different occasions. In this setting, it is most likely to "give gratitude" to the professor who may be relevant to his journey. I personally see this often in my chinese culture, though most of the case we have a more ingenuine intention (like CNY to ask prayers for success, bless others so i can get blessed), rather than genuinely to say thanks for everything

We shall now begin ethics as i read read this chapter. thank u. i will forget my mind for a moment, and begin ethics.

Maybe I should've chose my job as a teacher ... to find unanswered question, to be a bridge ..

Or just be free ... helping others

@icantnotthink

It just sounds like scare mongering, making up these transgender boogey people as if there are men dressing up as women just to molest kids. It's no different than the belief that homosexuals are pedophiles, an equally bullshit notion.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you.

That was a good read, and a delightful journey.
Though im not sure if it's a journey, and if i understand what is delightful completely ;)

Whenever I read this manga I feel like I get a bit more intelligent its like I'm sitting in that class and learning something for once in my life instead of just studying like a madman

Users who are viewing this thread