We Shall Now Begin Ethics - Vol. 5 Ch. 24 - Hime and the Thief, Part Two

White cat scalnation i just want to thank you for great work for translating this manga i enjoy it a lot and the reason i cam have this enjoyment is all thanks to you!

Fed-Kun's army
@Hotgps She stole it, but she's also thinking about why she does it now. Ethics-sensei isn't going to magically fix everything with just the one conversation, but he has given her a nudge towards self-examination and coming to some sort of morality of her own that she can act on. Whether she continues on this path or not is still up to her, but his job is to give her the tools to decide that herself, and in that regard I think he's rightfully pleased with how it turned out at the end.

@Beregorn
The hand on the page 21 is similar to the one on page 30 but this time without the gum, that's why I think she didn't take it this time. We didn't really got a clear confirmation that she stole it.

Fed-Kun's army
So she's doing things but now she's doing it because she thinks about it instead of just doing because it's expected of her (stealing him vs announcing class)?

Dex-chan lover
I want an anime of Ethics-sensei! Truly, this series is so interesting and deep.

Dex-chan lover
@lobsterboy
I still don't understand the concept of spook (not to mention I'm a non native speaker). Why is it seemingly used everywhere to justify bad action

@musicfreak12 I'm not sure, but I think spook here is what that don't exist but people lead you to believe it exist, something like ghost. What Stirner mean is good, bad, evil, everything is not exist, just people want you believe what you do is good or bad, based on how society think of it.

Dex-chan lover
If you miss her so much just go visit her at Juvie, as a visitor not as an inmate.

The problem with Kant is obviously tied to his religious background, something that separates him from Hume, since Kant believed in free will he was able to go with the categorical imperative, however free will is an illusion, we are bound to follow the rules and experiences that have been given to us, social and physical determinism get in the way of the idea that someone can just will their own behavior.

The second problem with Kant is that his imperative was unrealistic and impossible to maintain, at one point you will break it, it is great when it comes to trying to solve some moral dilemmas, but horrible at other times, if Nazi's are looking for Jewish family that you are hiding at your house? what should you do? lie to the officers to save the Jewish family? or tell them the truth despite knowing that they would be killed? well lying is a depravity of the soul...

Users who are viewing this thread