We Shall Now Begin Ethics - Vol. 6 Ch. 28 - What's So Wrong With Murder (Part Two)

Dex-chan lover
I like the teacher acknowledging that he didn’t have the tools to support the kid with what he actually needed, so he did the responsible thing and got him to the right support group.

This was mentioned in an earlier chapter but the teacher was mostly at a loss on what to do to help them.

Double-page supporter
Damn, this was a deep chapter. I hope to see more of Tokioka and Kayashima. Now we have seen 2/3 of Takayanagi's friends. I wonder what the 3rd one does?

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if that gestalt thing is actually useful. At least got our boy out of trouble... Also his father's disposition was left uncertain, what gives?

Edit: so I looked up that gestalt stuf and looks like pseudoscience but, given the state of psychotherapy in its current scientific development, it might be safe to say it should be OK. Now, I get why sensei doesn't want to be exposed to that: he'd basically lose what makes him himself, specially his attachment for philosophy and ethics.

That's what gestalt does to people, if I got that right: it makes them centered on the present, and by extent, to oneself. Wich might lead to narcissistic behavior, but, it doesn't look that likely. The way out new guy looks like it's doing "the gestalt thing" is more about picking yourself apart and making it better dor others rather than yourself.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I wonder if that gestalt thing is actually useful. At least got our boy out of trouble... Also his father's disposition was left uncertain, what gives?

Edit: so I looked up that gestalt stuf and looks like pseudoscience but, given the state of psychotherapy in its current scientific development, it might be safe to say it should be OK. Now, I get why sensei doesn't want to be exposed to that: he'd basically lose what makes him himself, specially his attachment for philosophy and ethics.

That's what gestalt does to people, if I got that right: it makes them centered on the present, and by extent, to oneself. Wich might lead to narcissistic behavior, but, it doesn't look that likely. The way out new guy looks like it's doing "the gestalt thing" is more about picking yourself apart and making it better dor others rather than yourself.
Present is what makes the future after all. Past is dust. If there is anything that survives from the past, it is because of slaves.

Dex-chan lover
Present is what makes the future after all. Past is dust. If there is anything that survives from the past, it is because of slaves.
Wait wait wait, what is wrong about stuff that survives from the past? Why are slaves the ones who make it happen?

Ithink there are important things from the past, it's just those things that aren't essential for the future that we don't need, and that's only at a personal level. I'm all for preservation in that sense.

"17 pages and 2.5K words, fuck you"

I've done a but of translation work, so I can feel the pain in those words.

Users who are viewing this thread