We Shall Now Begin Ethics

Dex-chan lover
There is FINALLY a new volume out. It's just that the people who translated this have dropped it i think.

New chapter is out. Thank you so much for continuing this work. I really wish there will be English license for this one.

Double-page supporter
Hmm I remember reading this manga back in 2019, I was 17 and actually in high school... It was a lot of fun learning about these philosophers and different concepts, and the first "arc" had some really great characters that I related to.

Reading it again as an adult is definitely a different experience... Takayanagi is certainly not the infallible cool teacher I thought back then, and he even says stuff that the manga accepts as truth but I as a working adult would disagree with. I'm glad the new arc is focusing more on that. In a way, I've grown up along with this manga, just as the characters do in it.

And Jesus, as a side note, I don't expect much from the Mangadex demographic, but for a manga entirely about ethics and learning to understand empathy and other people, the people reading it sure like to have bigoted views, judging from some of these comments. It's crazy to see the same people saying "bullies should be executed" also say "being trans is unnatural and globohomo is ruining the world."

Hmm I remember reading this manga back in 2019, I was 17 and actually in high school... It was a lot of fun learning about these philosophers and different concepts, and the first "arc" had some really great characters that I related to.

Reading it again as an adult is definitely a different experience... Takayanagi is certainly not the infallible cool teacher I thought back then, and he even says stuff that the manga accepts as truth but I as a working adult would disagree with. I'm glad the new arc is focusing more on that. In a way, I've grown up along with this manga, just as the characters do in it.

And Jesus, as a side note, I don't expect much from the Mangadex demographic, but for a manga entirely about ethics and learning to understand empathy and other people, the people reading it sure like to have bigoted views, judging from some of these comments. It's crazy to see the same people saying "bullies should be executed" also say "being trans is unnatural and globohomo is ruining the world."
I'm not very mature, so I might be wrong on this, but I think he is kinda cool. Or at least someone you'd respect a lot.

Edit: My god is this one hell of a masterpiece.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread