We Shall Now Begin Ethics

BCS

Dex-chan lover
So... a teacher magically solving their troubled student's life problems by spewing out platitudes while making a cool pose?

Disgusting tbh

Double-page supporter
@Bramia While I agree that what he said doesn't fit with the description of ethics, it more or less fits one of the vision of philosophy. (My only complain is that we don't answer these questions, we try to answer).

Also, in each of the chapter, he explores one of the theme of ethics (1st: virtue; 2nd: personal value and world view; 3rd: what is right or wrong).

Don't forget that philosophy is pretty broad and only the root is the same: questioning by yourself.

@Ovnidemon The problem here is the synopsis." But this class is filled with the truth of life" is just a stupid quote that entices the reader with something that is not true. It does not exist "the truth of life". What exists is a debate over topics that some philosophers have their own stance.~

It is written in the synopsis " Cool ethics teachers and Takayanagi confront the problems of students and their own stance.", which does not happen in the manga (at least until chapter 2). The students have their own stance, but they do not confront the teacher. It is a one-sided "debate". The word of the teacher is the ultimate truth and there is nothing else.

This is more an overview of the questions discussed in ethics than anything. I would have enjoyed more if it was what it promised to be. It is shallow, superficial and it feels rushed.

Fed-Kun's army
I get what they were going for in Chapter 4 but Honda has developed something like schizophrenia; that should definitely be addressed.

Hmmm the development feels kinda rushed, the conclusion too.

So punching a teach and raping JK go unpunished?

But still, this is an interesting manga

Yall talk about platitudes as if complaining about how a comic isn't deep enough for you so you can seem big brain on a manga comment section isn't the most trite activity in existence . Go read your copy of beyond good and evil in the corner, trust me, you won't be missed.

This manga reminds me why I enjoy this sort of medium the most. While some manga are a little extreme, I really enjoy how so many different ideas can be expressed in manga and pipe interest in a specific subject. I probably would have never been interested in learning more about the philosophy of ethics (such as Francis Bacon) if it wasn't in an interesting medium such as this.

Short version: Very Interesting Manga

Contributor
Yeah, this is different.

I quite like it actually, it's really interesting to read and can open lot of debates.
Of course, it's not really a manga for the average reader with the philosophical talk.

Just wish we will see the Gyaru a bit more, but i can wait.

Users who are viewing this thread